AR620 lighting

Neil

Hi all

I have a ar620 that I've planted out and have a few geophagus, I would like to know if 2 X 55w PL or 2G11 globes fit in with the electronic ballast and wether the hood needs more ventilation.

At the moment the only bulbs I can find that have high enough colour temperature (K)9325 are GE F55BX/AR/FS and these haven't been brought in before they come in a pack off six so if there are any other people interested in these lights please reply here the more purchased the cheaper they become.

link

http://catalog.gelighting.com/cgi-bin/gx.c...&prodflag=false

There are also the catilina bulbs in the aqualina fittings but I can't find any one with them in stock.

The fittings+electronic ballast should work out about $40 may be cheaper in bulk

thanks

Neil

Hi all

I have a ar620 that I've planted out and have a few geophagus, I would like to know if 2 X 55w PL or 2G11 globes fit in with the electronic ballast and wether the hood needs more ventilation.

At the moment the only bulbs I can find that have high enough colour temperature (K)9325 are GE F55BX/AR/FS and these haven't been brought in before they come in a pack off six so if there are any other  people interested in these lights please reply here the more purchased the cheaper they become.

link

http://catalog.gelighting.com/cgi-bin/gx.c...&prodflag=false

There are also the catilina bulbs in the aqualina fittings but I can't find any one with them in stock.

The fittings+electronic ballast should work out about $40 may be cheaper in bulk

thanks

Neil

I think you'll find that you have to buy special globes for the AR620 from the manufacturer. Normal globes won't fit. Even if it does fit, I would use the money to buy a bigger tank. The tank you have is only 2 foot and your geophagus will outgrow it when they reach adult size if you have a "few". thumbup.gif

The idea is to get the plants thriving .the geophagus are not there for long and the position that the tank it is is as big as I'm allowed .

The post is for retrofitting light fittings to replace the 23.5inch originals and increase the wattage from 20W+20W=40W to 2 compact fluro 55W+55W =110W with good photometrics which are the same as 4x20.7inch T5 fluros basically

As for bigger tanks how would 3.6 X 1.2X 1.2 metres sound (5184 litres) but not in the family room

I see you have the older AR620 with the NO lights. I have the newer one with power compacts.. still only 2 x 18Watts. I just added 2 Crompton Inline 16watts into the hood. Now i have 68 watts in total, which seems to be enough. There is guy on theplantedtank.com thats put 2 x 55watt Power Compacts in his AR620T. I have asked him for the pics and info.

Archived