New 4x2x2 tank

martyn

Hi I'm getting back into the hobby and resetting up my 4x2x2. Just waiting for my rock background to arrive so I can place it before starting the tank back up. 

I'm thinking black Calvus, I was leaning towards frontosa's again but unsure. What would you guys recommend to go with Calvus?

Where's the best place to find breeders now days. The classifieds seem very quiet now days. I'm just south of Newcastle so lockdowns of everywhere south of me will limit picking up so may need to ship. 

Welcome back!

Frontosa fry will be ok in there for a while but it is likely to be too small for them long term.

I've got a few tang community tanks around that size that work well.  The set ups below might give you some ideas.

4x2 - Lamprologus similis, Firefin comps, Cyp kitumba  

4x2 - Alto fasciatura, Xeno spilopterus mbilibili, brevis, gold occies

5x2 - Gold comps, caudopunctatus, leleupi, Juli ornatus, Lepido hecqui, a bachelor group of Cyp kigoma, Cyp mpimbwe, Cyp kitumba, a few frontosa fry

Have fun setting the tank up!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've just set up the 4x2x2 with 3 blue peacocks, 2 lombardoi and 6 venustus as a local breeder was selling them all as a bundle. 

I'm trying to convince me wife to let me get another tank already. what size would you say you would use for a colony of Frontosa? there's a 6x2x1.5 going relatively cheaply close by on facebook marketplace.