Lighting - Has anyone tried a Biopro Tropical Glow LED 6ft?

Kifaya

Hi I'm looking to update my 6ft Tank to LED lighting and I can't find any reviews on budget lighting available in Australia...

Has anyone tried one of these? (a photo would be great) - Biopro Tropical Glow RGB Mix LED Aquarium light 6ft

It's for an unplanted Cichlid tank 183cm long - currently no hood but has plastic on top

Alternatively I'm considering a 150cm Dee (could sit on the lid) OR 2 x 90cm unbranded LED currently on Ebay (but I'm concerned there are no reviews on these either!) 

I haven't used either of those brands but I have been running a Beamswork 5ft white/blue/moonlight LED on my unplanted Malawi cichlid tank for the past year and it does a decent job.  I've had no problems with it and all the diodes are still working.  The only thing I don't like is needing to toggle the switch to change from white to blue to moonlight but to get a programmable light is a big jump in price.

Hey There, I am using a Biopro 60 cm version for a smaller tank (3 x 2 x 2). It's a good basic light.. Happy to post a photo tomorrow if you want to have a look. It's nice and bright day light is the best way to explain. If you want colour changes and scheduling, use the Fluval Aqua Sky .. its better than the new Fluval LED and much chapter too. I have one of them too in another smaller tank. 

I have 4 3 foot 'Aquarium Eco' branded eBay lights and my cousin has 8 of them. No issues for either of us so far after a few years. Can't go past the price. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30-200cm-Full-Spectrum-Aquarium-LED-Light-Aqua-Plant-Fish-Tank-Lamp-Lighting-Bar-/233865080486?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

You can see what they look like in our fish rooms on my cousins YouTube channel by checking out the fish room tour videos, and also on this video specifically about the lights. 

I am building an expansion to my fish room and I plan to use these cheaper lights for it. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the link Adamgatt. That is exactly what I was looking for!

I am still on the Fence between the 6ft Biopro for $194.70 (looks good but no reviews), the Beamswork 5ft RGB Miracle glow $209.10 and the Ebay LED 6Ft $99.99 but I will make a decision in the next few days 🙂

Thanks heaps for the photo! The Beamswork seems to be out of stock everywhere and the Ebay supplier is also out of 6ft stock for at least a month so it looks like I will be getting a Biopro. Thanks for all the help 🙂

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 01/03/2021 at 12:23 PM, Kifaya said:

Hi I'm looking to update my 6ft Tank to LED lighting and I can't find any reviews on budget lighting available in Australia...

Has anyone tried one of these? (a photo would be great) - Biopro Tropical Glow RGB Mix LED Aquarium light 6ft

It's for an unplanted Cichlid tank 183cm long - currently no hood but has plastic on top

Alternatively I'm considering a 150cm Dee (could sit on the lid) OR 2 x 90cm unbranded LED currently on Ebay (but I'm concerned there are no reviews on these either!) 

do not get a Dee they are garbage I have a 180cm and after 6 months its loosing led's and is nowhere near as bright as it was new ,they are rubish dont do it