Tropheus feeding

MattG_Sydney

Tropheus Food - What do you feed your Tropheus  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey Folks, 

Posting a poll to see what habits people have with feeding Tropheus. Please feel free to replay with comments if you would like to elaborate on your answers or add some context.

Many thanks for your time !

Cheers 

Edited by MattG_Sydney

Hey Matt

I don't have Tropheus, but I feed my fish a variety of brands just to vary the diet and hopefully increase the chance that my the fish get everything they need. I feed a mix of:

• Tropical brand Tanganyika pellets
  • New Life Spectrum Grow
  • New Life Spectrum Algaemax
  • Hikari Frozen Brine Shrimp + Mysis Shrimp
  • Ocean Nutrition Frozen Rotifer
  • Ocean Nutrition Instant Baby Brine Shrimp
  • Live microworms

I only started feeding NLS the last 8 weeks and I have noticed that my fry seem to be growing much quicker than they normally would. It's the only thing that has changed in my fishroom so i think NLS has something to do with it.

• Thanks 1

Hey @adamgatt 

Thanks for that mate... I am trying to figure out the best way to feed my fish..  Tropheus are notorious with issues such as bloat .. so trying to figure out the best cause of action.

I feed my fish NLS as well. Its good .. 

Hi matt

I feed nls cichlid pellets also tropical spirulina flakes as well as brine shrimp flakes from fish keepers choice been keeping these fish for ten years never had an issue with bloat i hope i dont jinx myself

I have three species of tropheus duboisi, bemba , and lufubu and they breed like rabbits

Cheers mick 19

• Like 1

@mick19 Hey, 

Thank you for your reply. Do you mix your food (ie Morning one type and in the afternoon another) or do you normally do one type for a few weeks and change to the next ? 

I have 3 types in my tanks.. 

Tropheus Moorii Blue rainbow, Moorii Chipimbi and Moliro Red .. only had them for few months to a few weeks. Alos I have 6 Petro Yellow Mushi. 

Cheers M 

Hi matt

I feed nls cichlid pellets also tropical spirulina flakes as well as brine shrimp flakes from fish keepers choice been keeping these fish for ten years never had an issue with bloat i hope i dont jinx myself

I have three species of tropheus duboisi, bemba , and lufubu and they breed like rabbits

Cheers mick 19

Hi matt

I start work very early in the morning so my fish get feed once a day in the evening

I just rotate the food each day

Cheers mick 19