Cory Egg Fungus

Carey

Hiyas, first post... :)  My son and I have saved our second batch of peppered cory eggs (the first lot got eaten pretty rapidly by our neon tetras) and have them in an egg bubbler...we had a few go white and develop fluff (fungus)... I have seen on youtube vids that people sanitise their eggs after gathering in different solutions to reduce the fungus... Do you guys do this? What products do you use (in Aus) if you do?

I removed the fluff eggs and dumped them, there are around 20 or so that still seem ok...

Thx in advance Carey

ps. apologies if posted in wrong thread

Edited by Carey

@Carey

It's all a learning curve that never ends ;) but you learn as you go

amazing the size of the hole they can get through

also be careful using breeder nets as larger fish will suck the fry through the net

cory fry tend to stay on the bottom so maybe look to make a simple old ice cream

container fry container and try to fine a fine net to use for the flow ports that usually

have fly mesh over them or some medium density sponge

Thx for the encouraging words... My son and I have sorta bonded a little while doing these projects with the fish

I was thinkin of using the same fry net cage and stretch a fine stocking over it next time they lay...

PS... we made a couple of little coconut hides for our bristlenose cats...any thoughts?

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_1175.JPG