Mutual Assistance /Help??

CThompson

Hi,

I don't know if this is the best place for this,  please feel free to relocate if needed mods.

Not sure how to word this, or even if it is a good idea, or if it is workable.  So I will try to be brief ;

Due to a long term and increasing health issue, I am no longer able to look after my tanks. Truth is,  I have not been able to for some time.  But my aquarium fish are my first love and I am INCREDIBLY reluctant to give up. It would be like giving up on life. So, I can't let go, but I can't  hold on and  maintain my African tanks/fish room. 

I have thought /wondered for some years now if there was a person in my local area of Menai, Sydney who has the passion,  but no fishroom where we could mutually benefit from this …ummm…situation.  That is,  I have a fishroom that I can't look after, is there someone who who has the passion (and energy and time) but no fishroom? 

I'm not looking for sympathy or charity. Or to hand over complete control of my fishroom for that matter..  But I am wondering if a working situation and understanding can be created from where we can both mutually benefit?

Craig 

Hi Craig,

How many hours a week are you wanting help for? I’m not far from Menai and could help out if its not too massive a job. 

Cheers,

Alan. 

Hi Alan,

Nice of you to reply, and offer.  I am looking for mutual help, and what I mean by that is someone who wants a fishroom but can't have one. For example,  no space, can't afford or other specific reasons.  I want them to be able to enjoy their hobby in a way they can't otherwise indulge. Yes this will include maintenance,  but also their fish selection, breeding,  selling etc. I will have my finger in this,  so it will keep my hobby alive for me too.

It would not be fair for someone to just do maintenance. 

On 07/07/2018 at 11:41 AM, CThompson said:

Hi Alan,

Nice of you to reply, and offer.  I am looking for mutual help, and what I mean by that is someone who wants a fishroom but can't have one. For example,  no space, can't afford or other specific reasons.  I want them to be able to enjoy their hobby in a way they can't otherwise indulge. Yes this will include maintenance,  but also their fish selection, breeding,  selling etc. I will have my finger in this,  so it will keep my hobby alive for me too.

It would not be fair for someone to just do maintenance. 

Hey mate,

There are some fish I’d like to breed but dont have the room for so PM me and we can chat about it in more depth. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cant believe no one has hit you up thommo. To bad your not up Forster way could of saved me alot of money setting up my room.

Hope someone comes up with the goods to help keep you in the hobby and to also help them out. 

Best of luck mate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived