display tanks?

Bradc

Anybody set up some breeding racks as display tanks if so got any pictures im after ideas. Looking like i might be buying 4ft rack this weekend fits 3 tanks but ill more then likley cut it down to fit 2 as i think from what the bloke was saying it was only ever used for breeding and the tanks arent very high that were in it but its all steel and im pretty handy with a welder. cheers people

Cutting it down will reduce the stability, so I wouldn't unless you need to.

Spray paint it a uniform colour (usually white or black) will make it look nicer for display, if it isn't already. Also having hinged fold up or roll up doors for above the tank to hide lights and the top glass of the tank make it look much better. You could also make a cosmetic frame to cover the whole front of the rack, cutting out widows for each tank, again with roll up or hinged doors for access.

Yeah i was thinking of making up a timber surround etc havent seen any of it yet but thought maybe had done something similar to what you described ill find out how to go about it this weekend i suppose lol

Archived