Do you think this could work

Mscott19833

depends on filtration tank size the list goes on.the fish you list grow 10cm plus.if they were all male in a tank then ok but if you have females like rosco said they will cross breed and the fry will only be gd for food or for the compost

standard 4ft tank?if so youd want some real gd filtration turn the tank over .remember those fish you mentioned grow to 10cm plus plus substrate and rockwork youd only want 1 of each fish youve listed white lips get large

I'm looking to invest in a bigger tank latter on,  as this is my first tank keeping cichlids I'm going to make sure I can adequately look after them before I sink to much money into it. Would you like to make any suggestions in regards to where you think my list has gone wrong, Is it to many fish or are they to big for my tank? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I am very new to this. 

Also my filter does like 1000lt per her and that's like 5 times my water capacity per hr,  Is that not enough? 

I have been preparing the tank for approx 4 weeks and have a fair bit to do before it's up and running and to be honest it's all getting abit over whelming  

std 4ft tank with all males Aulonacara and Haplochromis mix would be 6 - 8 adult fish

don't worry what size they are now they will all grow to around 15 cm size give or take

if you are growing out juveniles don't mix them if they are uncoloured, need to ID males

and check what they are being feed as some food will colour all fish male and can be used

by some sellers to get better prices for their fish - the buyer can find after 2 weeks that the

colour has drained out of what he thought was a male

filters are like most things and brand name is important so what  make and model

is the 1000 lt/hr filter you refer to, the flow and specifics vary depending on make

and model

Archived