RonnyM's Tanganyikan 6x2 (lots of pics)

RonnyM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, man, that is exciting and again breathtaking stuff.

I've actually bred trics myself,,,, got two then three.

Unfortunately all fry were deformed with tail curled around touching their noses like a circle.

They like a flat rock ledge like platform, one low and one high.

Really nice stuff mate.

Thanks guys!

Ged- I got a Nikon SB700 that I use as a remote flash sitting on top of the tank.

Buccal- any idea what caused them to develop like that? My first batch of eggs are dead. 3 out of the second batch are looking good. I think I can see the spines forming and I got a third batch of 6 yesterday. IvanT was lucky enough to see it himself cos they spawned just before we left my place lol.

LexyBoi- I use a Nikon D7000. The tank lights are at the front but at an angle pointing to the back. The background is dark because I use a remote flash for the photos.

Stepod72- any time mate ;)

Cheers

RonnyM.

Ronny your photos had the feel of a remote flash. It really changes the background and enhances the colours of the fish.

I like the latest video as it shows your setup for the pair :thumbup:

Hi Ronny,

Just wondering why you changed the light for? Both are LEDs and same brand. What difference does it make?

Thanks.

The lights are both LEDs and are the same brand but like the old fluro tubes, LEDs have different spectrums, kelvins etc. and the units are different.

The ones I currently have are a full white LED which is not as bright as the last unit.

The last one was a Pro ZR LED unit which is a full spectrum RGB Unit.

Big difference between the two units, hence the change out.

Cheers

RonnyM.

Archived