HELP!

Fozz

hey guys

I currently hav a standard 4ft display tank housing approx 18 electric yellows and 11 maingano and a cpl of small bristlenoses as of late i have been noticing the odd dead fish and that a few of the yellows have become dark in the face and sitting at the bottom of the tank un interested in food i have crushed coral substrate and a couple of rocks as well as a large piece of texas holey rock in the tank, I have since removed the holey rock as i thought that perhaps the pH is too high the tank is filtered with i think a 1200L per letre external canister filter any help would be much appreciated thanks

Fozz

hey guys

I currently hav a standard 4ft display tank housing approx 18 electric yellows and 11 maingano and a cpl of small bristlenoses as of late i have been noticing the odd dead fish and that a few of the yellows have become dark in the face and sitting at the bottom of the tank un interested in food i have crushed coral substrate and a couple of rocks as well as a large piece of texas holey rock in the tank, I have since removed the holey rock as i thought that perhaps the pH is too high the tank is filtered with i think a 1200L per letre external canister filter any help would be much appreciated thanks

Fozz

Hey Fozz

There is SOOO many different things this could be and on the forum would take ages give me a call 0406 027 088 would be quicker. :)

Have you checked the temp?

Are any fins clamped?

Is there any heavy breathing.

Is the colony getting old?

Is there any aggressin in there.

There are so many probables that more info is required.

Sorry I am probably not much help :dntknw:

hi

i remember once this happend to me also silly me did a water change and a filter clean same day and had a amonia spike and then checked nitrate levels through the roof could do nothing lost over 200+ fish in a 4x18x18grow out tank...

:(

just look back if you did anything different in the last water change

Archived