RCS tank

the_fuzz

well i've got an empty tank at the moment - was using it as a grow out but everything "grew out".....

Was thinking of setting up a RCS tank for food purposes - anyone got any hints, tips for RCS? Water conditions etc>

well i've got an empty tank at the moment - was using it as a grow out but everything "grew out".....

Was thinking of setting up a RCS tank for food purposes - anyone got any hints, tips for RCS? Water conditions etc>

RCS are simple to keep need weekly water changes as like most shrimp they do not tolerate high nitrate levels which is why you see plants usually in shrimp tanks.

Feed sparingly small granulated food every 2nd day.

RCS are simple to keep need weekly water changes as like most shrimp they do not tolerate high nitrate levels which is why you see plants usually in shrimp tanks.

Cheers John,

So can I just my rift lake water from my display tank?

Cheers John,

So can I just my rift lake water from my display tank?

You can as long as there is not too much buffer added they do require trace elements of salt, magnesium, calcium, but not as much as our loving fish, which is why i keep them in with my bristlenose.

If you use you tanks water then dilute it down 50/50 with tap water if you do use salts/buffers which i hope you do.

Cheers John

Archived