cut rocks for the new tank

markfnq

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Went and got a few rocks of my brothers place and cut them on my diamond saw.

planing a new scape for whats in the box.. :shock: I think i need a few more rocks !!!!!!!! :blink .

need background ideas ????.latex too dear. diy maybe, but a big mess ,and a bigger one if i dont like it.

Iwant something with height but not the weight of rock.Setup will be over the two ton mark!!!!!

Iwill cut some big pinnicles at about the two foot mark,that will take up a bit of height,but dont want all pinnicles. Got some nice 3mm pebble from a concrete pool place i will mix with3mm coral ,it is so hard to get stuff up here in Cairns .Got alot of stuff on the way up. And will need alot of trouble shooting advice along the way :yes::yes::yes: .Anyway it will be here next wed. stay tuned for the unveiling.

cheers MARK

those rocks look awesome!!

one day i will have a monster tank and pinnacle rocks that you might cut for me...cause your awesome!!

cant wait to see your tank all set up!!!

ahh .... how big is that tank actually ? :blink

and yeah - the rocks look awesome mate :thumb

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Fullysick seconded! Looks the goods!

thanks everyone ! im like a big kid on xmas eve :p

my wife is over it. its not hard to burn money on a project like this ! 20+ kg matrix ,10+kg noodles ,bio balls ,coral sand ,bulk prime,purigen,jap mat ,fine and coarse wool,bulk nls,transport,forklift,sump pumps,plumbing .................bla.... !bla...!bla.....Oh And a heap of nice fish.$$$$$$$$$ Jeeese im scaring just myself thinking about it :blink:blink:blink . naw its all good looking forward to it :thumbup:

NOW THE OTHER TANKS WILL HAVE A BIG BROTHER :hug::hug:

Hi Mark,

Looks excellent...cant what to see the final setup.

Also, last image is not coming up because you forgot the first bracket

ie: [img]

It would be great to see that last picture.

Cheers,

Jaime

[/quote the last pic was of the rocks prior to cutting ,the hard hat gives you a idea of size .

most of them are sedimentry rocks, easier to cut than the black basalt. I have alot more to collect and cut before i get started :)

IPB Image

Great to see the 10ft tank arrived safely. It is going to look the bomb when it is all done.

Fantastic idea on cutting the rocks as it will distribute the weight evenly and the angles are superb. :thumb

How does the stand look that it came with the tank?

tank and stand arrive wed and only have a pic to go by, but of what ive seen of the stand i will be reinforcing it with some welded steel

frame or some structual pine stud,i need to see it before i decide, 1500 l of water tends to make abit of

a mess if it gets loose. :blink its my first really big tank and will spend alot of time on the setup. Being

85CM deep is going to be a pain,so i have to plan my rockscape well,thats why i have been asking about backgrounds to try to fill in some height.

And was wondering if i decided on a diy foam, about spreading

the pressure load on the back pane .Would the random beads of silcone used to attatch the background

be a drama? i have been looking for options and finding it hard to decide.

thanks to all experienced fishkeepers on this site for their knowledge and imput . :thumbup::thumbup:

i will be asking alot more questions along the way.....

KIND REGARDS ..........MARK

Awesome rocks, awesome tank.

Now lets get into stock...Tangs of course are the more upperclass choice. no need for silly malawians. :B:zipit:

Jokes, its all good, ill be watching you set big momma up. best of luck.

Cooder

cant wait to see it up and running

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

well it finally arrived. :thumbup: in one piece thats a bonus.10x2x2.5h .the ad on the net said the tank was

85cm high but that must have included the hood,but thats probably a bonus anyway for access. a shop down in bris

closed down and was selling some tanks on the net even with transport costs up here it was still a good

deal all new still in crate. after seeing the stand i will be reinforcing it. now the work begins :thumb .

cheers mark :raisehand:

ahh now thats a monster tank.. how are you going to get it into the house? dont think the forklift/crane will fit :)

i just sold a 5ft version of that tank, they are quite well built and i dont mind the curved corners either, gives it a clean look.

Archived