Where to get wild caught Tangs ?

Tomt

Hello everyone,

I have just gotten back from holiday and have a chance to start stocking some of my tanks. At the moment my fish to tank ratio is way off and I would like to get some more large fish :lol2: . I am interested in purchasing a colony of Cyphotilapia frontosa “Mpimbwe Blue” mainly because frontosa are cool and I already have one Mpimbwe blue. I have been looking for these fish in particular for a while and have not had any luck sourcing them. I am interested in getting a wild caught variety so I can have a colony with a diverse gene pool though wild caught isn't essential.

I have found threads in the past that detail imports of fish from Tanganyika but non contained the frontosa in question and I am still not sure about how to go about getting them. So the question is dose anyone out there know a importer of these fish from Tanganyika or how to go about getting them shipped to the buyer? I am inquiring about the mpimbwe's in specific but any information on getting wild caught fish in general would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

Also pic of tank when I got back

IPB Image

IPB Image

Grant is the man you want to talk to. His user name is parkesg

Edited by jrod