Tangs and Malawis

intern1

Hi Guys got some general pics of the tangs and malawis in my possession enjoy

Some of the quality yellows that I am currently selling in a colony

IPB Image

N.Similis Tank - Tanks size approximately 1 foot have around 8 or so constantly breeding

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

N. Leluipi Not sure if its female or male though hope its a girl

IPB Image

One of my favorites Labidochromis Nakali these a fry going back into my colony

IPB Image

Monster M.Msobo Colony still haven't bread got 5 boys around 30 girls

IPB Image

The last of the Benga Colony Male plus more M.Msobo mainly males.

IPB Image

New addition P.Polit so aggressive

IPB Image

Thanks for looking

John

All look great, have a soft spot for shellies even though my attempt at keeping them failed. Not sure on the species I had but the dom male wiped the tank so love seeing other members success.

nice one john. Those msobo are looking good. I am just about to lose my male I think he is being beaten up by the sub-dominant male. I won't be upset to see him go I think he is on that killed two holding females in the past 2 months which is annoying. They are tricky fish to get going and keep going. I have never been able to do it. I have around 50+ fry ATM but I will be holding back 20 or so fry to put into colony.

cheers

rosco

Lovely shots of the Similis John. Love shellies.

Got to agree about the Msobo. I've had 3 mouthfuls, The first resulted in 7 fry which was pretty good as the colony is still quite young and the second mouthful was 13. The 3rd mouthful was lost as it was a different girl and her first attempt. They should be about ready to go again but haven't seen any signs of courting recently. I've got 3m 5f.

Nice pics. :)

That polit looks to be good quality. Where did you source him from?

They are notoriously aggressive. Keep an eye on your females.

Joel

I have had my polit for about 5 months now, only had 1 real problem where i cam home and found every female shredded. Had my male by himself for about 3-4 weeks and his been good as gold since.

He still will harass the girls but no beatings. I think he is responsible for 3 lost mouthfulls though. Think im going to have to spereate the females once they are brooding.

What size are your polit John? and wats your ratio?

Nice pics. :)

That polit looks to be good quality. Where did you source him from?

They are notoriously aggressive. Keep an eye on your females.

Joel

Think im going to have to spereate the females once they are brooding.

I used to do this. But you should be very careful when you introduce the females back to the colony. My males used to beat the females up pretty bad afterwards... I would rearrange the tank when I added the females.

Joel

The similis breed anywere shells and barnacles

My msobo have a ratio of 5 males and around 25/30 females. Need to get rid of a few males

Forgot were j got the male from. So far he has killed 2 females I have 2 boys 7 girls I put lot of floating plastic plants for cover in the tank and the aggression has significantly reduced

Archived