Spirulina powder

Ducksta

How much is this stuff in health food shops these days. I was out of my area today, but stopped in a shop and was going to grab some while I was in there, but it seems to be about 300% of what I remember paying for the same quantity.

Has it become a more popular, more marketable product? Or is the world having an algae shortage?

Or maybe that one shop was kidding itself...

hi ducksta

yeh, really pricey in hfs. but it is much more concentrated,[ not padded out with fillers etc] and a little more purified, for human comsumption. so yeh if its for a home made food mix a tbl spoon full is suffient. much better than using spiro pellets or flake.

in regards to the problem you had with silicon. i had a tube of sellys in the cupboard, and a tank ready to glue up, gave it a bash, guess what?- failed, after a week in the sun still soft and gooey. stripped it all back cleaned it up used my old favourite, 48hrs to set, water test all ok, i'll leave it outside for a week then put it to use. regs; colfish

hey i know about all sports supplements since i work in gym, and spirulina is in no shortage, no such thing, its called Marketing these days, profit comes first and everyone wants more money, including the companies that produce all health type supplements (including spirulina)

People will pay almost any price for something that is suppose to be 'healthy' its a billion dollar industry or even more! We are ripped off severly by health foods....these days its all marketing, no such thing as shortages...if they charge $100 a kilo for it, ppl will pay...

Good point Steve

In fact the more an item costs, the better we sometimes perceive it to be for us. Marketers LOVE the way we think like that laugh.gif

Archived