Festae question/advice

oscar79

I've currently started indroducing a small female festae to a much larger male. Things were not looking that good at first, female was not getting attacked but the male kept her almost trapped in her cave. I have recently changed the aquascape of the tank around and also re-installed a perspex divider that the female can fit through but the male can't. Within an hour or so of doing all this the pair seem to be getting along great.

Knowing how picky these fish are about partners, is there anything else I should be doing to help them pair up or do I leave them and see what happens?

IPB Image

I've currently started indroducing a small female festae to a much larger male. Things were not looking that good at first, female was not getting attacked but the male kept her almost trapped in her cave. I have recently changed the aquascape of the tank around and also re-installed a perspex divider that the female can fit through but the male can't. Within an hour or so of doing all this the pair seem to be getting along great.

Knowing how picky these fish are about partners, is there anything else I should be doing to help them pair up or do I leave them and see what happens?

IPB Image

Great looking pair. Stunning fish

I think that you are doing everything right.

But if they pair up watch him. Often when an attempt fails he will kill her.

Also they will want to kill all other tank mates.

Thanx Citypainter, the only other fish I have in there are a few white convicts. They were put in before the festae were getting along in an attempt to disperse some aggression.

Archived