preparing zucchinni

fishie4me

hey guys.

I saw a post about preparing zucchinni a while back and forgot how to .. and I aolso remember something about freezing it and boiling.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

And cucumber? Can it be feed to bristle nose? If so, what is the preperation?

With the zuchini, just boil it till it sinks in the boiling water, let it cool down, and chuck it in the tank...easy.

As for the cucumber, im not sure but if it sinks when it is raw, just chuck it in too.

Your bristlie's will love it.

I slice my zucchinni into round discs about 4mm thick then put it in the microwave for a minute or so depending on how many there are in the bowl. Don't let it get 'soggy' soft - just nice and tender. Once it has cooled down, you can feed it to the b/nose (the fish will like it also) and the rest can be put into the freezer in feed size portions.

I've never done cucumber, but you can do the same with spinach as well and pumpkin too - with the skin on.

biggrin.gif

with cucumber i just slice it the same as the zuchini but dont cook it. leave the skin on and they will eat it from the inside out to the ring of skin.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Josh and Evelyn

Hi,

I rarely cook the zucchini.

Usually I either cut a slice in rings or cut it in half length ways.

The size you cut it into will depend on how many you need to feed.

I then just attach it to a small rock with a rubber band this keeps it on the bottom.

I have raised hundreds and hundreds of BN's and haven't heard them complain once about the way I prepare their zucchini. laugh.gif

If you do decide on the cooking method as Anita says don't over cook it as it gets very soggy and just makes a big mess in the tank and the BN's dont get the full benefit of it.

Regards

John.

thx guys.

wel i have decided to cook and not cook the zuchinni, give them both day in day out and also mix in this cucumber once every couple of days...

but yeh thx you guys... really appreciated it.

Archived