KING Submersible pumps

ajk

They pump a good volume of water and are about the cheapest for the volume they do. They are quiet as well. I have the King 6.

BUT

I have had two impellers break on me in two months so I'm saying no, don't get one. The first impeller broke after about 3 months.

My next pump will be another pondmaster I reckon. I've had a 4200 running strong for 5 years without a problem.

Yes, I agree with Andy that King pump is one of the cheapest pump available in the market. I have King 3, it is still working great until now, but it is not as quite as Eheim pump, and it produce vibration on the sump.

My recommendation would be go for Eheim pump.

I have a king 4 connected outside of sump (inline setup) and it is very very noisy!

In a sump though i think it would be ok in terms of noise, but way louder than

better quality pumps...

I havent had any problems with mine, and pretty good value for the water flow.

I think it was around $100.

I was under the impression that King and Pondmaster were the same pumps but with different stickers and boxes. In fact the reason I bought my King4 was because it supposedly took the same impellor and other spare parts that my PM4200 takes.

Is that right? Or a wives tale?

Not sure on that. Pondmaster are made in China so it's entirely possible.

Maybe I just got a dodgy one. Even so, the fact that impellers are not covered under warrantee has turned me off them. it has cost me $80 on top of the original price to replace obviously faulty parts.

I may look into eheim then.

The new Pond masters are not as good in quality as the old style IMO, still have the 2 year warrenty though..

The trouble is by trying to make them cheaper, to compete with the cheap brandswill be their own un doing.. so to speak.. unsure.gif

I just had the very same problem in chosing a pump. My old pond one finally went, 4 years of continuous use never being serviced or opened, never opened because I couldn't and didn't have the tools but thats another story.

So to tide me over till I got my new Hozelock or Oase pump I had to get a cheap replacement one. Looking at the two sponser sites, Legend and Age of Aquariums, I had to decide between the Resun SP6000 and the King 3 or 4. Eventually I decided on the SP6000 as it is cheaper and because once I get my other pump it's only going to function as a spare/secondarypond pump.

I'll let everyone know about how my order with Legend goes, I suppose its not the greatest start, I picked bought the pump with my credit card but due to Legend not accepting cards yet I had to e transfer money across to them. I'll be keeping a watch on my account statements, hopefully they don't double charge me.

king 5 pump here, purchased a king 6 pump originally however, it had an electricitiy leak and zapped out of me, + when it was going pumped too much water so took it back to bennie and got king 5 that's worked well for 9 months

I've got a king 4f.

I attached the tap/valve that comes with it to the water outlet nozzle then attach a rubber hose to the tap. Turn on the pump and you'll have an instant water fountain indoors as the tap comes flying off the pump spraying water to a head height of 2.5 metres. blink.gif

I now use it for water changes, and the pondmaster 4200 works hard in the sump.

Archived