Eheim 2213

GreekStylez

Hi All,

I have an eheim 2213 and have found that it is no longer running at full capacity. I just performed a cleaning of the filter and re-connected it and have found that it is not spratying out the water without any pressure. Could this be attributed to air being in the filter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. sadsmiley02.gif

Thanks

Too much air in the filter sounds to be the right cause for the filter not to work.

The way I fix the problem in 2213 is that, I put a few towels on the floor around it and I easy of the top/out hose screw to let the air escape. When you easy of the hose screw tilt the filter left to right to help the air to escape. Or just install a small 10mm irrigation valves [get it from Bunning’s] in your hoses right next to the body of the filter (say 100mm away).

Turn the valves off then unscrew the top hose off the filter. Power OFF.

After cleaning the filter and replacing the media put the top of the back on for good. Then turn the inlet valve on to charge the filter, regulate the water with the valve till it fills up to the top of the outlet screw----STOP. Then turn the filter left to right to let the air out, water on and off and again tilt the filter ( be gentile). If you need to turn the water again to bring the water to the top do so.

I never have to do it more then 1-2 times. AND then reattach the top outlet hose to the filter, NOW turn the POwer back on and than turn the outlet valve on. (10min job)

I hope that’s clear enough. Few more things I only clean my media in the water that I siphon out of that tank and I never stick a dry media in my filter, always wet it be 4 installing

cool.gif

Good luck

Robert

Not sure if this will solve your problem but some time i had to give the canisiter a small "shake" will running just to get the air bubbles out.

Yes the air in the filter can be annoying, i've resorted to a tap on the top and a tilit of about 30 degrees to get the air out. I think the probelm occurs around the pump intake where the air gets trapped and can't be properly sucked out due to the intake being higher than the surrounding area. At one stage I couldn't get it to stop rattling sue to air so i left the filter run like it for about 3 months. No damage to the shaft or impeller and now with the same components the unit runs silent.

Tilting usally works,

I usally just clean the filter, (my filter is below the tank making the next steps easy.)

Reatach both hoses open the return line, then open the input line. this should cause a syphon, the filter will self prime and all is good, for then next hour or so you will hear the remaing air escaping the filter. If this doesnt work, try tilting the filter (it wont harm the pump at all) or if you have a power head place the ehilm inlet over the outlet of the powerhead.

Or if you dont have a powerhead you could use the hose from a tap. Turn the tap on as if you were filling the tank and place the hose over/ in the input of the ehilm, this will clear the air block.

Cheers Anthony

Archived