Petstock Adamstown

grungefreek

Hey Guys ,

Just got back from Petstock adamstown. Has anyone been there recently and seen the state of the tanks there????? i would not touch anything from teh right hand side of the fish section. The fish are pretty much all dead, and white spot, ive heard it described as salt looking specs, but never seen it till today. The poor fish, they are all diseased to the max, the lucky ones are the dead ones

What happened to this store lately. It used to have nice clean tanks, with nodead fish. Now all tanks have a few dead fish in them, some have been there that long they are covered in fungus. the clown loaches were the worst, pretty much half of them were floating dead, they had cleaned them up by today, but there arent any goldfish left, and the ones left, well lets just say i hope u like really white speckeld varieties.

Sorry to be harsh, but it is the worst state of an aquarium i have ever seen. If the owners look at this site, please clean your tanks up. I used to love your store, but your slowly turning me away.

Sounds like an ideal job for a younger person. I'd say they'd take someone without any sales experience as long as they could show they had the fish experience.

Well i saw new girl in there today while there. So maybe she is the new fish person. She at least knew the difference between an oto and a golden sucking catfish. If she is the new fish Girl, i hope she dedicates her time to the tanks!!!!

And the previous fella that was there, well dont know if im glad he's gone or not. He was very selective as too which days he was helpful! As for the new person having sales experience, well none of them show much interest in helping people in the fish section!

I had a look there on thursday and the tanks didnt look too good. I hadnt even noticed the guy wasnt there the last few times i've been, hope the new persons good cause they are by far the best in regards to having some different species from everywhere else.

fingers crossed, Luke.

hey everyone,

I was in there yesterday and the girl seems to be OK. The fish seemed a lot healthier and happer than in the last few weeks. She even asked if i needed help with anything... thats nearly a first for any newcastle store!

I went for a look at a certain shop on bulls garden road too...... still the same.... nearly all the fish were sick (whitespot), malnourished and just plain terrible! Stock is still really low and poor in quality.... just a waste of petrol really!

It's sad because they really have a good spot and setup there... just the people i guess?

See you, Luke.

Oh yeah, there was a2nd hand tank for sale at P/stock adamstown, standard 6' with everything.... it comes with fish though: $280. Sounded Ok to me if anyones interested.

How was the golfish tanks looking at Adamstown??? They are usually the first bank of tanks on the RH side as u walk in? When i was there everything had white spot to the max, except maybe the sooty grunter (i think thats what they were from Mem), surely they couldnt clean an outbreak that bad in taht short of time, hope they didnt just clean the dead fish out and throw new ones in!!!!!

Oh i hopw she orders some foreground plants in as well, that would be excellent. Damn all u cichlid people not having plants in your tank, not one reply to my foreground plant thread!

• 2 weeks later...

hey grungefreek,

I cant say i checked all of the fish out, I went straight for the cichlids... but they really did look heaps better, i wouldnt say they were 'normal' in health but they wernt laying round the bottom or anything.

give it some time and the place will hopefully get back on its feet!

Archived