All Male African Display Tank

GreekStylez

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of creating my all male african display tank. Currently there is a sailfin gibbiceps, gold plecostomus, 2 clown loaches, and an electric blue. I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what else to put that will maintain great colour and be compatible. I am thinking electric yellow although don't want too much agression. Will the blue be aggressive towards aulonocara's?

Thanks

In my experience, any blue coloured Aulonocaras dont get along too well with Electric Blues - which ever is the dominant fish will give the other one a really hard time - but in saying that remember that all fish are different and you may be lucky and get some that get along fine.

I think it wouldn't hurt to try a few peacocks and if they get beaten up you can always take them back to the shop and trade them for something a bit tougher.

Any of the Copadichromis, Protomelas, Lethrinops, Otopharynx, Dimidiochromis species will be good if you after a relatively peaceful tank.

If you dont mind a bit of aggression then maybe try some Nimbochromis or Tyranochromis species wink.gif

G'day Greekstylez,

As I have said before to you I have a 5ft all male display tank that is mostly Aulonocara. I have other types in there including Otopharynx Lithobates, Protomelas Taiwan Reef, Nimbochromis Venustis, Frontosa and Brichardi. They all get along fine with little to no hassles at all. The only downside is that not all the Aulonocara will colour up because there are a set few fish that are dominant ie Aulonocara Jacobfriebergi, Lithobates, Taiwan Reef and a couple of other Aulonocara's. Doing a tank like this is a piece of cake and if you pick fish with similar temperaments you shouldn't have any dramas. If you have any questions about my tank just pm me. I am also shortly selling all my fish as I am switching to Tropheus so watch this space anyone interested.

Hope I was some help,

Jamie.

• 1 month later...

Here is the setup that I am doing:

Labidochromis sp (hongi)

M. callainos (cobalt blue)

Labidochromis caeruleus (electric yellow)

Pseudotropheus acei

Cynotilapia afra cobue

OB Labeotropheus trewassae

Pseudotropheus socolofi

Pseudotropheus demasoni

Melanochromis cyanaeorhabdos (maingano electric blue johanni)

A Pseudotropheus elongatus type (or even flavus)

M. zebra type red top.

Archived