Sydney Water

novafishy

hi all,

i just want to get other ppl's opinion on this:

apparently ive heard from a friend that we (fish keepers/enthusiasts) are entitled to more water per household per year because we keep live-stock.

and we are allowed to keep up the regular water changes due to keeping them healthy.

is this true?

ive emailed a few times sydney water regarding this, but have received no reply.

what are your thoughts on this?

5. Please do not SHOUT (i.e.: using ALL CAPS).

well i had a sydney water guy seeing me tipping aquarium water outside and asked me what i was doing , and i told him about the fish and he said that was fine and to have a nice day, so i guess its fine or that the 5 Samoan guys that was helping me may have daunted him a bit laugh.giflaugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif LMAO @ Gav

I am led to believe that as it sustains life, it's ok to do regular water changes.

Hang on - septic people are here - will ask them

General consensus is that you can use as much water as you like as long as you aren't washing the car with the hose, using sprinklers or hosing the driveway. biggrin.gif

Yes the restrictions are for hosing hard surfaces (including cars) and using sprinklers. That is all at this stage.

What you do inside the house/shed is not restricted yet, and as Anita said they would have a hard time telling you it was not ok to keep your fish healthy.

In my opinion, doing water changes on my tanks is no worse than those who have super-long showers twice a day.

its good to see your opinions laugh.gif

is the average household of 4 entitled to 300 kilo litres (300,000L) of water per year? is this true? or does anyone else know the exact amount.

do u guys know what is the amount charged on per litre of water? eg. 10cents for 10L?

Sydney water like to use an estimate for houses so that it can build its infrastructure to suit. Of course this will vary from house to house. The only reason that Sydney water would shut off your water is because you don't pay your bill. Anyway the only availabe option for them to shut off is to turn off your mains, or shut water down to the street neighbourhod.

In relation to using hoses i always get funny looks when ppl see a garden house coming out of the front door and dripping on the front lawn.......smile.gif

Yea, the neighbours here must think I'm going crazy. We recycle alot of water onto the garden (not just from fish, although that is the best water) so I am always hauling bucket after bucket out onto the front porch and hurling it out onto the lawn/garden.

Archived