frontosa

fisshy

NO they havent this is p me off not even a nibble .I have noticed that they pick up rocks but the rocks are clean so no food in amoungst it .. i still havent tried worms yet .. you can buy worms from bunnins to start a compost bin thingy ,which i think has about 1000 worms ?? not sure on qty ,will these worms do

NO they havent this is p me off not even a nibble .I have noticed that they pick up rocks but the rocks are clean so no food in amoungst it .. i still havent tried worms yet .. you can buy worms from bunnins to start a compost bin thingy ,which i think has about 1000 worms ?? not sure on qty ,will these worms do

yes but bloody Xpensive way to do it. Have a dig in the garden for some.

could also try using some garlic in with some food as an atractant? Used to do that for finicy marines.

finally eaten they had a bite of worm yesterday an sinkin pellet today its about time .. i am goin to move them to the shed soon hope they dont do this again to me 3 half weeks it took to eat something

finally eaten they had a bite of worm yesterday an sinkin pellet today its about time .. i am goin to move them to the shed soon hope they dont do this again to me 3 half weeks it took to eat something

I would try and get the tucker back into them and condition them a bit before you move them, just in case it hapens again.

I would try and get the tucker back into them and condition them a bit before you move them, just in case it hapens again.

Agreed. If you move them now you could turn 3 weeks into 6 weeks. Get them nice and fat and strong again before you attempt to move them.

yeah i thought that .. i have to cycle an connect up plumbin to the sump on my 1200x500x500 tank that i am goin to put them in so a little while... what is a suitable substrate for them ..i was thinkin of sand or a thin layer of 3mm rocks or is this to small ... as i dont have much of a budget what good but very cheep.. can get washed beach sand an 3mm rock from work but what do you guys sugest

Fisshy

a 1.5 - 2 cm layer of 3mm gravel and some sand is excellent for substrate

with Frontosa IMO

use bags of crushed coral or shellgrit on the sump to help buffer the water

I agree with the others to hold off moving them for a few weeks now they

have started to feed again so they can get back condition incase they refuse to

eat again

Chris

i have a small layer of matrix in my sump which is 470x400x400 ,,,with 2 layers of sponges an 1 wool///i will start again from top of filter is 1 layer of wool 2 layers of sponges ..it finishes 2 inch off the bottom then matrix then it weirs over to my 2400hr pump with bio balls after all that its a little cramped for room but i think its ok ... so would i be better off savin my money for coral sand for in the tank with the gravel instead of normal sand an aswell is the 2400lth pump enough for a 1200x500x500 tankfor fronnies

Archived