BN Spawn

Ant

Won't mean much to people but my BN spawned today :). Haven't had fish for a while and only had them a week before they spawned. Only the third time they have done the deed. What can I do to ensure as many survive as possible? A bit of drift wood will help hey?

Driftwood, food, stable water, regular water changes and no where for them to get sucked into.

Ours are devouring cos lettuce leaves, zuchini or squash. Algae wafers and algae will go down well.

Won't mean much to people but my BN spawned today :). Haven't had fish for a while and only had them a week before they spawned. Only the third time they have done the deed. What can I do to ensure as many survive as possible? A bit of drift wood will help hey?

As above, you need the driftwood.I use any veg offcuts pumpkin, broccili, cucumber & above,,etc

But with the siphon off of waste you only need to top up the water as its a daily thing to keep clean.

Yep they poop a lot. They are constant eating pooing machines.

I now need a grow out tank for ours!

As above, you need the driftwood.I use any veg offcuts pumpkin, broccili, cucumber & above,,etc

But with the siphon off of waste you only need to top up the water as its a daily thing to keep clean.

I'm about to find out the answer to your question. I have 10 other 3cm BN in the tank with no where else to put them. The fry hatched today.

Working on it benno. Waiting for a standard 4 ft off a family member. They have marine and need to take there time moving there coral and fish community to a larger tank. I have been through in my head many times what I want. I have decided I don't know what I want...lol. Small peacock colony and small zeb colony is what I want but no idea what species yet. Will be a tight fit for them but 1m 3f in both colonies should do ok.

congrats on the spawn , once they start they dont stop, i found better survival rates with less current in the tank, the adults like it but the fry use up to much energy fighting it.

What do BN average per spawn? Mine are about 6-7cm (guessing because they aren't out much). There is probably about 20 fry from this spawn.

Ant

Archived