What kind of camera do you use?

Willy Wombat

Just wondering what brand and model of camera you use for your digital aquarium shots?

Ill go first -

Fuji FinePix - S304.

I normally use the macro mode, with flash on the lowest setting, and play around with F stops and other settings.

Guest Gutty

Panasonic Lumix LC40

I usually shoot in full auto mode but have started using the macro mode lately, generally use flash and have my white balance set to "flouro" and usually use an ISO setting of 200.

I'm wide open to any advice.

Lata

Matt

I usually use my phone cause by the time I get down to my fish room and remember I was supposed to find the camera and bring it down.... Hey hang on my phones in my pocket that'll do!!! You get the picture....

Shame the picture quality is crap though. It takes 480x600 shots though so its not all bad...

Chris whistling.gif

Guest Panga

Hi

I use a hp Photosmart 320. It takes some ok shots. It doesnt have and macro or much options. Hopefully i'll be able to update one day blush.gif

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Hi Guys -

Will post some photos soon time permitting.

I use and am very happy with my Olympus 5050z. I know one other member who uses a Olympus 4040z and takes exceptional photos (much better than me). So I give both these cameras the thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I use the Olympus C750 UltraZoom. Great Camera...pity that the guy pressing the buttons is a bit of a learner with the equipment burt a well priced camera with good lens and many great functions.

The one, and only, short coming that I find noticable is the lack of a rotatable screen for shooting in cramped conditions or from strange angles.

Canon G2 and Canon G5.

The G2 is far better as you have more control over the focus. Its the standard canon half-press. The G5 is a real PITA as it has roaming focus and as you can imagine, its not that great with zippy fish and water movement.

Does anyone know if you can set a G5 to obey the half-press focus command when set to Auto?

• 6 months later...

Canon Powershot A70

I set it on the Fast Shutter Mode and also use the macro function trying to take photos of the fish at a range of 10-15cm from the camera. It's also set on auto-flash.

Cheers

Paul

I use the cannon G5 powershot.

Callatya

Mine has the half press function on the auto setting. I dont know how to set it. it has always worked that way

Josh

i use a canon ixus 400

Sarah - How do you find it as an allround camera? Is it easy to use? Based on it features and appearance I've just recommended it to a friend who's buying a camera for his girlfriend. Was also looking at getting one myself not just for fish photos either wink.gif

Have you got any pics that you've taken with it?

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul

i really like it for ease of use and its compact size , the photo quality is perfect too,i dont even use my other cameras anymore since i bought it over a year ago, its just im lazy when it comes to reading manuals and probably dont make use of half the functions. here is a pic hope i dont get shot for adding it laugh.gif , and its probably not one of the best photos i have taken but then this is a fish forum ,

user posted image

Thanks guys.

It looks like it takes good pics. The allround features and the compact size is definitely what's drawing me to get it. My mate is definitely getting it, he's just a sucker for women LOL.gif

Cheers

Paul

hi,

I use a canon 10D SLR usually with a canon 28-135 lens.

It's not light and not small but a great camera with lotsa features that help to compensate for my general lack of photographic skills.

Some day I need to invest in a decent macro lens though.

Virtually all of the photos here: http://www.planetchan.com/laurie/pets/fish/ have been taken with this camera and lens combination.

thumb.gif Chorrylan: With a good macro lense your shots should improve alot.

Alot of those fish shots on your site the fish was blurry in some parts of the photo..

Nice camera BTW.. I want a 20D !! tongue.gif

Archived