Bitchy Gold Saum

Batty

Liquid fry food is a waste of time IMO, sounds like the youngens are not getting enough food, babies need to be fed small amounts 3 or 4 times a day to keep up the food, these days the fry starter powders are much more reliable as is Micro worms etc ..

If you bought them as youngsters they were locally bred :thumb

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the eggs hatched yesterday morning, I now have a mass of wriggly critters, bought some micro-worms and powdered fry food from Aggies.

The worms should be ready in a few days which luckily coinsides with about the time the egg sac should be used up by the fry. also I can mix up some of the powder.

Just got to get Mrs Batty to feed them while I'm at work.

good to hear mate, they should turn out awesome judgin by your pair, been seein plenty of beautiful little Gts around lately and have been so tempted but really dont wanna add one to the malawi tank lol

good to hear mate, they should turn out awesome judgin by your pair, been seein plenty of beautiful little Gts around lately and have been so tempted but really dont wanna add one to the malawi tank lol

No certainly not, different water conditions for a start.

yeah im aware of that and thats the reason i didnt get one, plus i dont like the look of tanks with cichlids mixed from africa and america just doesnt look right to me

The fry are growing well, feeding micro worms and some very fine powdered fry food mixed to a paste with a little tank water.

Fingers crossed.

Archived