will these fish go together American

fisshy

can these fish got together in one tank ///// orange chromide //blue ram///apistogranna agassizi double red //// what else will go with them thats not to big for these guys tank size is about 200 ltr aswell what about something like catfish or bottom feeder to clean up :thumbup:

Hi Fishy, I just looked up the orange chromide on google and 1 of the articles stated it needs to be kept in water with salts added and to keep its colors, without salt it becomes subject to fungal infections. This was from the sites quote , I dont know the fish.

Rams and agasizzi should work well together , I have rams in my new SA tank but not agasizzi as I am already overstocked when the fish grow up. The size of the agasizzi may be a problem with larger fish but hopefully an expert can add more details.

For a clean up crew look at Corydoras for cleaning up excess food and bristlenose for algae.

yeh looked a bit harder my self lastnight the chromides are to big for the others an need to much salt .yeah got some young orange spots about 1yr in another tank with gold fish an black widow tetras .At the moment just filter wool cycling . been on for 3 weeks now with old ship wreck and large rocks with caves . The tank is like an AR980???? with stand but not sure as bought 2nd hand i have a 1200lth pump for filter / 200wt heater any other ideas would be great :thumbup: i think i will go americans this time

As has been mentioned Chromides like brackish but will accept alkaline fresh

if you intend to try smaller species for neutral/acid water that will be acceptable

look at Crenacara filamentosa or maculata also some of the West african riverine

like P.subocellatus, Nanachromis transvestitus or Nanacara anamola

Just a word of warning ........ any of these species are very aggressive when breeding

that includes Appisto's and Rams

you could also look at smaller Killie fish if you don't want Tetras

Chris

Nice suggestions, Chris! The smaller SA and Arfican rivuline cichlids are too often overlooked in the hobby - amazing colours and personality to match.

Another very nice cichlid that I have seen circulating lately would also go well with them... "Peruvian altum" angels. They look very similar to Pterophyllum altum, but altum has never been caught from Peru - so it is arguably a "new" angel. Much cheaper that true altums and not at all much difference. I have four in a display tank and they are also far more peaceful and (IMO) beautiful than scalare.

As for killifish, I couldn't agree more! Many of the perennial Aphyosemion species are available and would blow the mind of anyone who hasn't seen these little African treasures.

Other cichlids that might suit (if everyone has enough room/territories) are Keyholes (Aequidens marroni) and Sheepshead Acaras (Laetacara curviceps).

Characins to occupy the top level of the tank could nclude something unusual... Marbled Hatchetfish, perhaps?

I'm thinking, Royal Whiptails, Corydoras/Brochis and some small L-numbers as well... :)

Cheers,

Andrew.

Killies do very well with dwarf cichlids unfortunately they are very hard to find.I used to breed lots but with illness not so much.A.lineatus gold is common but quite aggressive and will eat any fry.Fp Gardeneri and A australe are about and are very attractive.

A natural companion to the west african cichlids are killis of genus Epiplatys but again are difficult to find(Dageti occasionally).

Killis do have a very annoying tendency to jump out of very small holes so even though I love them I keep cardinal tetras with my nanochromis and apistos and small rainbow with my small Tanganykans.

Killies do very well with dwarf cichlids unfortunately they are very hard to find.I used to breed lots but with illness not so much.A.lineatus gold is common but quite aggressive and will eat any fry.Fp Gardeneri and A australe are about and are very attractive.

A natural companion to the west african cichlids are killis of genus Epiplatys but again are difficult to find(Dageti occasionally).

Killis do have a very annoying tendency to jump out of very small holes so even though I love them I keep cardinal tetras with my nanochromis and apistos and small rainbow with my small Tanganykans.

one thing i would like to say to you all THANK YOU for all you comments . I hope to get some fish soon a couple at a time then i will post some photos. To show how all your info turned out :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Archived