Tetra Bits 300grams

fish me out

Guest Panga

fish me out,

Try clicking on the sponsor banners. They have some real excellent deals.

Just go down the page on the left hand side and the sponsor banners are in the reccomended sites.

HTH Troy biggrin.gif

Hi Fish me out,

I haven't seen Tetra Bits that low in price.

But "Aqua Force" in Doveton and Boronia have it advertised in the Trading post every week for the cheapest price that I have seen retail more like $35-$37.

Check it out, the Trading Post comes out tomorrow.

John.

Hey john,

Up here in Sydney our west suburb aquariums sell them for $25-30 because there is tough competition around so they must compete with their chaallenging LFS's. Where i work we sell it 2 for $50.

cheers

Richard

Hi Everyone,

Well if the prices you are quoting for 300g of Tetra Bits is correct and I am not doubting you, it sounds like we are paying a premium for it down here in Melbourne.

I might do a bit of price checking around the shops.

John.

Hi John,

The Tetra bits that were for sale in the shops mentioned were the 300gram tins tongue.gif , I did not personally buy any ,but both shops had them advertised inshop at the $20 price.

The ones the NSWCS are selling are not Tetrabits, and several club members have used them and said they have similiar results as the tetrabits, and you get 500grams for the same price as the 300 gram tetrabits;)

Kevin

Roland, is this a comparison with Tetra Colour bits? Or with you normal feeding regimen?

Maybe you just feed them so well and their colour is so magnificent there isnt any way to enhance it biggrin.gif

I am using the AOA bits and am quite happy with them.

Hey John Mc,

Yeah you may be paying abit extra here but not all shops in Sydney sell them that cheap..Ive seen some shops sell them for about $40 just because theres no competition around. just the westie shops loooooove wub.gif to match prices! cant blame em! its good for us hobbyist! laugh.gif

cheers

Richard unsure.gif

fish me out,

Just checked today's tradingpost, LFS at Canley Hieghts is selling the stuff for $20.

I use to feed my fishes on tetra color bits and I found that it make the water turn red. Recently I've changed to something else that came from Holland that I got from the LFS in Canley Vale and it cost $15 a kilo, it does not clour the water like the tetra bit. biggrin.gif

Cheers.

Good point ducksta!

I have used tetra bits in the past, and this time round I am using AOA bits. To me, they look the same and the fish like them just as much.

My fish never get these more than once a week or 2 anyway, as I like to let the quality of the fish speak for themselves wink.gif

I simply use them as a treat, as part of a varied diet, and not as a colour enhancer.

Hi Everyone,

Kevin if the food that the NSWCS is selling is that cheap I might try some contacts down here to see if we can get it for the VCS. biggrin.gif

Richard $40 sounds like the high end of your pricing up there for Tetra Bits but down here I have seen it up around $54. sadsmiley02.gif

Sounds like you have a very competetive market in Sydney.

You lucky, lucky people. laugh.gif

John.

Hi Ducksta,

I think you have a point smile.gif I've been using OSI Colour and Growth as a flake food for my fry for years. I do not complain my fishes do have nice colour, but then the AOA bits do not add any extra compared to OSI Colour and Growth. I know that Colour Bits intensify the orange colour in fishes and I was looking for the same effect with the AOA bits sadsmiley02.gif

Archived