Snail Mail is Fast

CThompson

I put in an order for the BG eating Australian snails called Waterhouse snails a company on Monday the 31st this week. On Tuesday the following day I posted a cheque for their cost and postage, and emailed the owner of the company that I had posted the money.

On the same day I received an email from a transport company about the snails with shipping details. I contacted the owner querying the fact that I had only just posted the cheque - why was I getting shipping information? He surely can't have received the cheque already, let alone the cheque being cleared by the bank! Here, in part, is his reply;

"We take you on your word. The snails are on the way.."

On Thursday, yesterday, I received my order, with 12 snails, not the ten I ordered… :clap

I expect he still hasn't opened the letter containing the cheque for their payment. :blink

I don't know about you lot, but this is a first for me :thumb

Craig

Before going to work this moring, checking on the snails, I saw that most were still closed up, but there were a few moving around...and there were three new babies a couple of mm in size - so now there are 15 (don't laugh Rod).

Your experience with Dave Wilson and Aquagreen echoes my own. Great prices, quality stock, prompt postage and willing to spend time talking to you and offering advice. If anyone is looking for native plants, fish or inverts, Dave is the man to go to. I can't recommend Dave highly enough! :thumb

It is a first. First time I heard of anyone still using cheques!! :lol3:

I had a choice of cheque or bank deposit = getting to the bank when they were open. I choose the easier of the two option as a post box was available 24/7.

If anyone is looking for native plants, fish or inverts, Dave is the man to go to.

His selection on plants is great, with a link on most Australian items, taking you to information with a surprising and pleasant amount of detail, getting down to where the plant (for example) was originally collected, and one report I read, how much was actually taken (from where all the rest of the plants have been grown). Some really good plants too, I didn't know we had such a good supply growing in Australia.

It is a first. First time I heard of anyone still using cheques!! :lol3:

I had a choice of cheque or bank deposit = getting to the bank when they were open. I choose the easier of the two option as a post box was available 24/7.

Dude your living in the past. who even actually goes to the bank nowadays anyway? get yourself some internet banking goodness matey. lifes too short to be stuck in a que. also ive used aquagreen for plants and they were awesome. will definately use them again.

Dude your living in the past. who even actually goes to the bank nowadays anyway? get yourself some internet banking goodness matey. lifes too short to be stuck in a que.

Call me old fashioned, or under protected on the Internet, but I don't trust Internet banking. I also didn't stand in a queue- that's why I posted a cheque. Happy to use Paypal but the option wasn't available. I wasn't aware that cheques were so "dated". They seem to be pretty well accepted still...but then I have been known to use cash too, maybe this crude stuff is "out of date" (like me) as well. :thumb

The below extract is from a story about Google.

The development comes after the Internet giant reportedly said its Street View cars taking photos in more than 30 countries had inadvertently gathered fragments of personal data sent over unsecured WiFi systems

But this thread is about the great service provided by Dave of Aquagreen. Who was happy to receive a cheque I'm sure :yes: .

Craig

What is the Dino Dung, Pee and Spit like compared to the products like Seachem?

I haven't used them, but I expect they'll be okay. Others can comment on them.

However, you didn't ask about the PMDD, so I assume you don't know what this is. It is also a plant fertilisation formula, and I have used my own PMDD (Poor Mans Dupla Drops), which I sourced many years ago, and mixed my own ingredients. I can recommend the PMDD, but don't know how David sells it. Making it up yourself from the separate ingredients enabled me to increase or decrease certain parameters, such as nitrate (which I increased for example.) You'll have to ask David how his PMDD comes when sold, i.e. in it's separate ingredients or as an all in one product.

Hehehe..... :thumb:lol1:

I don't HAVE to say anything..... :zipit:

but.... ;)

Hi Craig......Have they made a dint in the BGA???

Next thing you'll be buying the Macrobrachium bullatum

They eat snails!!!

Have they made a dint in the BGA???

I'll get back to you.

Macrobrachium bullatum

They were interesting. Could be quite usefull, and interesting to boot, provided their needs are met as well.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been two weeks since I introduced the snails to the tank, 100 liter octagonal, pH = 7. BG growing on back wall in large brown/purple sheets, and over the leaves of my treasured Anubius nana "Petite".

Two to three snails have died, one had the end of it's shell stoved in (from transport I assume), the other floated like a cork upon introduction and after a week I believed it was shipped dead (a dead snail closed up will look like a live snail closed up) as it still floated like a cork only more so. A third was just found dead - don't know why. These snails look like a poor quality gold mystery snail for those who haven't seen them, so they have a bit of size to them. Still, I find it strange that several times they have gotten stuck upside down on their backs (!) like a turtle, and remained there for several days until I was convinced they were indeed in trouble and turned them over.

To the best of my observation, and I have been watching carefully for any positive signs of BG eradication, I can at this point in time say that I have seen NO evidence that they have touched the BG at all.

I have taken a few snails out and put in a tank with African water and a green coloured BG, to see if the colour makes a difference, but though it is too soon to conclusive with either tank, I can't see any attraction to BG in this tank either.

Archived