will Orange chromides go with the Steatocranus Casuarius

fisshy

I am interested in orange chromides an steatocranus casuarius will these fish be ok in same tank / what there behaviour like will they be suited /has anybody got these fish near newcastle will travel to sydney mainly info about chromides but info on both is a help

From my experience with the lionheads they should do fine. I just looked up he chromides and as their parameters should be ok for both. I have kept lionheads in with Africans, ph around 8.3 and hard water but when I had a pair I was breeding for a while and they were in ph 7 to 7.3, very soft water so they tolerate a wide range of conditions. As to aggression I didnt have too much hassle with them at all , the breeders were in with tetras and bristlenose cats and the only agressive thing they did was to keep them clear of the eggs and young. I have my original male in with my frontosas, dolphins etc and he is high on the pecking order so they will stand up for themselves without being too much of a bully.

Hey fisshy,

Have you actually seen Orange Chromides available lately? I ask because I haven't seen them around for a long time!

Andrew.

Bay have them on their current list

Mike :)

do you mean bayfish? Is there a way to see the list if your not a retailer?

I do mean Bayfish and you need to be a retailer (which Im not) or have a good relationship with your LFS to check out the list. :)

Mike

If someone is getting Orange chromides it maybe good to say on here as its not easy to get them. You should get a few breeders that would take some. I would be intrested.

Archived