Electric Blue makeing a mess

scotty81

i have a green texas that used to do exactly the same thing, i would have the gravel all leveled out and the next morning there would be nothing in the middle and to the side was a huge pile.

i spoke to the lfs and they said to me that was in their nature but not so sure about electric blues ..

what size is your gravel ??

i have a green texas that used to do exactly the same thing, i would have the gravel all leveled out and the next morning there would be nothing in the middle and to the side was a huge pile.

i spoke to the lfs and they said to me that was in their nature but not so sure about electric blues ..

Probably 3 or 4mm

Hi.

I think you'll find this is a natural occurrence. In the wild, 'Blues' have an inclination toward nest building as it were. They clear areas for spawning and pile up the substrate round about. Even on their own, a male will carry out this ritual instinctively.

All the best

Cafa :)

Is it normal for an electric blue to be digging up rocks and stacking them in a pile

http://www.aceforums.com.au/uploads/127462...1_331_77427.jpg

http://www.aceforums.com.au/uploads/127462...1_331_15852.jpg

for the electric blue I reckon quite normal He is claimin his terrortry and making way for a female to lay eggs for him to fertilise then she will pick them up in mouth to hatch as its in front of a cave like area as for the other guy if you have a pair place some terracotta or clean slate /soak in bucket for a while if been used on floor as there might be cleanin chemicals in it/.cause you will find there lookin to lay eggs or they just want to dig around or you could have those tiny white worms in gravel if you stir up your rocks a bit then look for them may be there digin for them :thumbup:

Completley normal.

When I had my male in the tank by himself before I added the females he would dig everywhere, even danced as if there were females with him.

You can't have the tank the way you want it when these buggers are involved.

My male moves rocks 5x the size of him.

Makes for interesting viewing. Thanks for the replies

Interesting is when you have two males doing this:

One picks up the sand and puts it into a pile where it slides down into the others territory, who then spits it out back into the pile and it slides down for the first fish to remove again. :)

Archived