Help Needed Please

panda

Last weekend we set up a new tank to replace the one we had. Apart from new gravel, all the rocks, filter, fish, wood and 75% of the water remained the same.

Since it has been set up I have lost 2 female salousi and 1 salousi baby. The fish seem to be quieter and also not very hungry.

I have tested the water in case it had a mini cycle, ammonia was 0, nitrite 0 and nitrates less than 20.

The tank and gravel were both cleaned very well with water. So I have no idea what has happened. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tank is a 3x18x18 running an eheim external filter a 2217 and the fish are 3 electric yellows, 1 male salousi :( 3 maingano, 1 electric blue and 2 bristlenose. I use prime when I change water and always clean my filter in tank water. I also use cichlid salts when I water change.

Panda

are the fish at the top or on the bottom of the tank

stop trying to feed them ATM as it will only increase levels

Was the filter running on the old tank or has it been running on a tank before

being put on the new tank

did you clean it when you put it on the new tank, as it sounds like it's cycling

is the old tank still running

Chris

Panda

are the fish at the top or on the bottom of the tank

stop trying to feed them ATM as it will only increase levels

Was the filter running on the old tank or has it been running on a tank before

being put on the new tank

did you clean it when you put it on the new tank, as it sounds like it's cycling

is the old tank still running

Chris

Fish are all at different levels, the filter was running wit the same fish on the same tank. We water chaged yesterday and added activated carbon to the filter, so I guess i will see if there is any difference once lights are on.

New tank & gravel? cleaned with water? Did you use boiling water on gravel.

Dont feed as Chris said, for at least a couple of days. Seems like you had a spike.Increase air flow or air.I wouldnot have added all fish at once with new tank etc.

Archived