and will develop a white dorsal margin and elongated

anal fin that will start to colour orange

females will develop a red/orange dorsal margin and no

face or body colour the anal fin will remain rounded

vent sex the fish

oo = male

o O = female

Chris

If they are 10cm's they will breed. Should be pretty easy to do, just leave them be for a few weeks.

Males should be showing color at that size. Give them a week to settle in and you will be able to sex them

good question i would also like to know, i thought i had a male and female the male started to colour up a few days after i got him (this was about 6 months ago now easy), and now which i thought was a female is showing abit of blue in her body and the tail is also showing the colour throught it, there are both the same size (bigger then 10cm i think) and i got them the same day

superbad !! At that size they should be ready to breed, good food, water etc, settle in and you should have fry.You would have been able to sex them before you got them?

juzzo, looks like you got 2 males, can you seperate them? that way the other will colour up if male.

As per everyone else above they will breed at 10cm also at that size they should be easy to sex,

Blue = male

Brown/Grey = Female

When i get them at that size they dont change colour in the bag so sexing should be easy peasy. :thumb

Superbad

electric blues are piscavores and will snack on any fry they find including bristlenose :yes:

the best way to condition them to spawn is with increased protien in their diet :thumb

at 10 cm they should have blue colour if male have a look at the dorsal fin and you

will see a thin red/orange margin on the fin as it sounds like you have females the

males have a white margin on the dorsal, also the anal fin will be short and rounded

Chris

Archived