Fish introduction

Batty

OK I have cycled my 30" tank for 8 weeks, all good, now I want to introduce a pair of Convicts that have never seen each other, M or F first? I was thinking of the F first.

probably wouldn't matter anyway.

but I prefer to put the least dominant in first to establish a safe feeling and find the hiding spotys.

But being convicts they should be fine anyway.

If they start lip locking and figting don't panic.

Thats what they do before they breed.

As Dave says, some hiding places for the female and a spawning spot would be good.If they are a pair must be 4/5cm so away they will go.

Female is a fair bit smaller than the male, so I think she can go in first.

You shouldnt have any trouble but I agree put the female in first.

I put 2 convicts in a plastic rubbish bin with no light or decore(temporary measure) and the still spawned and raised their fry :dntknw: .

I think they would breed in the plastic bag coming home from the store if they had half a chance.

Good luck,they are great parents and a joy to watch

You shouldnt have any trouble but I agree put the female in first.

I put 2 convicts in a plastic rubbish bin with no light or decore(temporary measure) and the still spawned and raised their fry :dntknw: .

I think they would breed in the plastic bag coming home from the store if they had half a chance.

Good luck,they are great parents and a joy to watch

Thought it would be easy with Convicts, they are mainly for our grandkids to watch and maybe become future fishkeepers - gotta keep the hobby going y'know.

Archived