SET UP!

juzzo_5913

Hey guys I made this tank about a year ago now and i havent been able to set it up cause i have been very busy, I have a ehiem 2213 filter a light and a heater for it now all i need is the sand fish and to get the set up right, if anyone of u has some good advice on what i can do to it or how to doit would be great. (the fish i want to keep are africans but if i cant then i willkeep it as a comunity tank)

Here is a quick way of posting images

Go to My Controls

Then click "Your Album" in the Invision Gallery

Then click "Create Album"

Give your album a name and album description,

Check the box so the public can see it

Click "Create Album"

Then under "Controls" select the operation "Click Upload Image"

Add a caption and message for your image. Upload your image by clicking "Browse" and selecting the file you want. Then click "Post Image"

Now go back to album manager and click view your image

Then right click on your image and select "copy shortcut" or "copy image location". That's is the URL to your image

To turn that into an image and not a link you need to add a simple code to the URL to your post. Two easy ways of doing that.

This is the easiest

Click on the "insert image" icon (it looks like a tree) and paste your URL into the little window that pops up

Click enter and the image should appear

depending on what speicies you want to use you will need some super tall plants (fake) or orniments/caves rocks ect so your fish will use the whole tank, other members will be able to tell you which species hang out at the bottom and which ones will venture to the top. Also make sure your filter is upto capacity. To work that out is lengthxwidthxhieght and divide by 1000 to get your litres

Cheers

Tanganyikan dwarf species Julies, Occellatus, Alto Sumbu and Cyps

centre located lime stone rock structure on sand and coral sand mix

plants like Anubia, Java Fern and some Val

what fish were you thinking ?

Chris

you gotta remember fish swim side to side, not up and down. so you cant have big fish. the suggestions above are good... or similar... dwarf cichlids of some sort.

if you get a pair, they will breed and keep on breeding.

set up right, the plants and decor will work well with the fish.

could have a few tetras/guppies for the top part of the tank.. depends which cichlids you choose for the bottom/middle of the tank.

Edited by antz

I would be very careful with that tank when its full. 20inch high tanks should have 10mm walls and a 10mm base. You may be lucky enough not to have it fall apart. Be careful, if you choose Shellie's, as most will dig and any structures you build could fall, hitting the glass, and destroy your tank.

Shellie's, IMHO would be wasted on that tank. They might use the bottom 200mm of it. To me its not really suited to any Cichlids. It would make a nice tropical setup.

Josh

I had this as a guppie tank for awhile but then have to move and u can guess the rest, i have a 4 footer that i have had for a year now filled with cichlids so i am in love with them so much that i wanted to set that tank up again but make it better then just a tropical one.

650mm high is 26 inch,

If you choose shellies?? remember they keep to the bottom so you may want to have a top / mid dweller to keep the tank looking full.

Swords, platies,gourami, danio or tetras would do well in a small tank

I would spend my time looking for stones that you can stack up like a pyramid so you have caves until high up. Then pland them slightly and get a second filter, cleaning this tank till be nearly impossible(considering how high it is).

My red empress for example always keep to the top of the tank in the higher up caves, the electric yellows or blue dolphin cichlids prefer the bottom. i would silicone the stones together and set it up for good so no accidents occur...

hope that helps

I would be very careful with that tank when its full. 20inch high tanks should have 10mm walls and a 10mm base. You may be lucky enough not to have it fall apart. Be careful, if you choose Shellie's, as most will dig and any structures you build could fall, hitting the glass, and destroy your tank.

Shellie's, IMHO would be wasted on that tank. They might use the bottom 200mm of it. To me its not really suited to any Cichlids. It would make a nice tropical setup.

Josh

The pannels on an octagon tank are so short, that a taller tank can be made with glass thinner than should normally be used.

I wouldn’t use ocellatus in this size tank as they are a big fish in a small body. Cyprichromis would need more swimming room too as they are open water fish. Calvus would be good, as too would be Julidochromis species, Paracyprichromis would be good as well.

Edited by CThompson

Here is a quick way of posting images

Go to My Controls

Then click "Your Album" in the Invision Gallery

Then click "Create Album"

Give your album a name and album description,

Check the box so the public can see it

Click "Create Album"

Then under "Controls" select the operation "Click Upload Image"

Add a caption and message for your image. Upload your image by clicking "Browse" and selecting the file you want. Then click "Post Image"

Now go back to album manager and click view your image

Then right click on your image and select "copy shortcut" or "copy image location". That's is the URL to your image

To turn that into an image and not a link you need to add a simple code to the URL to your post. Two easy ways of doing that.

This is the easiest

Click on the "insert image" icon (it looks like a tree) and paste your URL into the little window that pops up

Click enter and the image should appear

I wish you computer guys would make this easier...I mean easy. :yes:

There must be an easier way? :blink

Other web sites I have visited you just click on and "upload" type link and you simply browse you HDD and located you photo and click on it and it's done. :B

Craig

Hmmmmmm what about a pair off L.brichardi

complex species .... the Kiku were nice

awesome step breeders but too aggresive to

have anything else in with them when breeding

in a tank that small other than their own progeny

Chris