help with hatching baby brine shrimp please

LithoMan

Hi all

i have now tried for last 5-6 days diffrent things i cant get these eggs to hatch

IPB Image

ok i have a 1.25L bottle ..hanging upside down with airline to the bottom i put luke warm water and 2 table spoon of (pool salt) now is pool salt non - iodized????????

then i put in the eggs 1/2 teaspoon amount ....not too many fry's this is why so little..

the tank it hangs in is 27c

i have tried with light on and without light on..i have put PH buffer in water no conditioner...

tonight i tried with actual tank water will see what happens .. i have waited 24hr i have waited 1.5 days..

to me they look like eggs still no shells and so on.....

i have watched many clips on youtube showing how to do it looks very simple but no joy...

i even ordered from age of aquariums better eggs i am waiting for to try that....

Gulf Breeze Brine Shrimp Eggs 425gm

please help with advice

thanks

Hi all

i have now tried for last 5-6 days diffrent things i cant get these eggs to hatch

IPB Image

ok i have a 1.25L bottle ..hanging upside down with airline to the bottom i put luke warm water and 2 table spoon of (pool salt) now is pool salt non - iodized????????

then i put in the eggs 1/2 teaspoon amount ....not too many fry's this is why so little..

the tank it hangs in is 27c

i have tried with light on and without light on..i have put PH buffer in water no conditioner...

tonight i tried with actual tank water will see what happens .. i have waited 24hr i have waited 1.5 days..

to me they look like eggs still no shells and so on.....

i have watched many clips on youtube showing how to do it looks very simple but no joy...

i even ordered from age of aquariums better eggs i am waiting for to try that....

Gulf Breeze Brine Shrimp Eggs 425gm

please help with advice

thanks

The pack you are showing is what brand I used to use for alot of years...then I tried a different brand and was amazed by the better/faster hatch rate....I think they are poor quality bbs eggs.

Sounds like you are doing everything right, it really shouldn't be that hard to get at least some too hatch.

Let us know how you go with the other brand.

sounds like your doing all it OK :dntknw:

I used to use tank water and add 2-3 table spoons of cooking salt

for 1.25 / 2lt bottle run it until the salt dissolves then add the eggs

check after 24 hrs

shut off aeration and let it settle for 10 minutes, eggs shell should

float on top and the BBS should be at bottom of the bottle and will

be attracted to light

I don't see why you are having probs unless the eggs are dud

lets have a pic of your hatchery bottle

Chris

Sounds like to are doing everything right, temp. is nice and high. Don't turn the air on too hard, you only want a medium rolling bubble for the eggs to circulate in. Tend to agree with Chris, probably bad eggs.

thanks guys i have a feeling bad eggs as well the place i got it from probably had them for years lol

cant wait for new stuff to arrive...

cheers

grant you told me you get your online from ageofaquarium ..wich brand do you use? the gulf one or the blue tin ones?

I only use tank water

Dissole salt in hot water and add to container

As said you eggs may be duds

As Chris says turn off air after 28+ hours hatched egg shell floats,scoop out.

I put a light bulb 25w over the container and hatched b s come to the top as attracted to the light

scoop out

I use the same water 2/3 times, just add a bit more salt.

Archived