Sandstone

Nathan

I found it at a local peards landscaping place across from my work. whats sort of contaminants should I ask about?? I was just worried about it leeching into the water that was all.

Cheers

Some people collect from their garden where there maybe pesticides and fertilisers used. I doubt quarry sourced rock would be an issue.

I found it at a local peards landscaping place across from my work. whats sort of contaminants should I ask about?? I was just worried about it leeching into the water that was all.

Cheers

Thanks guys, I figure that it is quarry sourced rock but I will ask tomorro if alls good I'll be building some caves this weekend during my water change and adding new stock so they all have a fair chance at claiming territory and hopefully avoid fights

Cheers

nathan

Our colony of Princess Cichlids (mom, dad and about 4 generations of babies) love living in and around the holey-sandstone rock we have in the middle of their tank.

Even if you get your rock from a quarry-source it may not be a bad idea to soak/rinse it in water a few times for a few days, to ensue that it's safe to put in the tank.

In the past when I haven't had enough pots I've just walked out into the garden and grabbed some of the smaller sandstone, rinse off and a bit of a scrub with a good scourer and straight into the tank.... never had a problem....

Archived