another one of my Geo Tanks

Planted

been trying to take photo's of my Geo's the last few days without using the flash, usually when i do though i get very blury shots,

but after taking hundreds of pics i seem to be getting the hang of the settings a bit better.

Tank is just under 4ft but is pretty tall and holds approx 400ltrs.

filtration is 1 x Eheim 2217 and 1 x 2215

added approx 20 lemon tetras on the weekend too :)

probably a cpl too many geo's in there "8" for the length of the tank but will see how they go

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Awesome! After seeing your geos and others lately I'm setting up a display tank to replace my 3 footer near the tv, 4 x 2 x 2, just waiting on delivery. Its going to be a mix but mostly SA, all the great pics have inspired me to give them a go.

Still working out inhabitants but have 2 x orange heads and 7 red phantom tetra waiting to go in. Others I'm thinking of are 2 x green horseface, 2 x firemouths, 2 x heckleii, 2 x plecs (depending on whats available), 6 kerri tetras and 4 or 6 corys. Sorry not sure on the proper names of any of these guys.

My decorating wont be as cool maybe as you guys but hopefully it will all look good, thanks for the inspiration!

Nice caudal trailers on that dominant male, probably the longest I've seen on an Orange Head, pity the bottom hasn't extended too! Looks like you've got a pretty decent sex ratio as well, maybe a little male heavy.

Tank size is a little short but will suit 4 adults. It's actually scary how similiar your stocking and filtration are to one of my old setups (Exactly the same filtration, Lemons, etc.) How do the Apistogramma sp. do when they're competing for food?

Looks good :thumbup: .

Woulden't put the heckelli in a 4 footer.

Wouldn't do the S. leucosticta in a 4 footer either, Pindare/Orange Heads would max out such a short tank.

look forward to seeing your tank when setup Priscacara :thumb

i might have to cull that male yet Japes as it's got a very ugly looking spot on it's side and not looking too good, and worried it might pass on some kind of bacterial infection to the other fish. i have no tanks spare atm to put it in :(

yep it's a bit overstocked for the length of the tank, but just waiting for some of the fish to pair off then will sell the remainder.

the apistos seem fine and have grown quite a bit since being in the tank so all good so far.

i added the lemon tetras after seeing them in one of your tanks Japes :p

that looks excelent mate

Thanks Nathan :thumb

Thanks ants.

i don't like the pots either, but thought i might put them in as they have been showing some breeding behaviour lately, not even really sure if they will lay in pots really lol :p

Archived