Lighting and other accesories

Chris.K

some questions about my new tank setup, 430L 5ftx18x24:

i will have an enclosed hood on top of the tank. what lighting is recommended ? where to buy it ? dalbarb lights are on special at the moment on their website. are they ok ? what tubes are recommended ? i'm thinking of going for a double 5ft light with 2xwhite tubes and one single 5ft light with a blue tube.

where can i buy fake plants ? (apart from LFS)

is http://www.thereefshop.com.au/ reliable ? they seem to have pretty good pricing.

also are these 2 items ok ?

heater: jager 300w

pump: eheim air 400

thanks for your help.

Hi

I am putting in real Vallsineria but am aware it may get gobbled up if I do not feed the fish enough. I may tie some Java fern to small pieces of wood and place it behind the rocks so the leaves poke up.

How stable is the temp in the room your tank is in. I have 2x300W heaters in my 215l for redundancy and because the room gets cold at night. One heater is Sera and the other is Aquaone. The Sera on its own seems to maintain temp better than the aquaone on its own. The Aquaone is second hand and I suspect the thermostat may not be as good. I hear Jager is a good brand but have no experience. The problem with 2 heaters is they are harder to hide.

What sort of background are you going with?

some questions about my new tank setup, 430L 5ftx18x24:

i will have an enclosed hood on top of the tank. what lighting is recommended ? where to buy it ? dalbarb lights are on special at the moment on their website. are they ok ? what tubes are recommended ? i'm thinking of going for a double 5ft light with 2xwhite tubes and one single 5ft light with a blue tube.

where can i buy fake plants ? (apart from LFS)

is http://www.thereefshop.com.au/ reliable ? they seem to have pretty good pricing.

also are these 2 items ok ?

heater: jager 300w

pump: eheim air 400

thanks for your help.

thanks for the links. the first one i linked to seems cheaper to me and it has a much larger range. great tip for the plants.

its a fake 3d rock background. one of those ones you silicone onto the back of the tank. its relatively neutral looking. ie: it doesn't stick out too much with canyons and all sorts of other things.

in 2-3 weeks i'll have pics of the whole lot, (minus the fish).

i think the heater should be ok. wait and see i guess, if i need another then i can always plug another in but like you say, less is more so if i can get it done with one heater i'll be far happier. jager is i believe eheim.

Yes it is. I admire your patience and willingness to do the right thing and look forward to the pics.

the cabinet is whats holding it up. i ordered it this week but its 2-3weeks for manufacture/ delivery. lets hope its closer to 2. can i just add that dave at dalbarb ROCKS.

Archived