Growout tank divider

kcfongie

I'm looking to divide my growout tank into two sections. (for different fry size)

What is the best material I can use to divide my tank and still let water flow through?

And with the suggestion, it would be great if you can tell me where i can buy it. :D

thx!

I'm looking to divide my growout tank into two sections. (for different fry size)

What is the best material I can use to divide my tank and still let water flow through?

And with the suggestion, it would be great if you can tell me where i can buy it. :D

thx!

There are plenty of cheap options mate, a glass divider with two holes covered in gutter guard or flyscreen, some people use perspex with fine slits, or perspex with Jap mesh so the water can get through or egg crate with fly screen over it works a treat.

Depends what you have lying around that can be salvaged or easy access too, as perspex can be a bit pricey if they are not just offcuts.

HTH

i have practically nothing left lying around the house i can use. so my only option is to go buy something, but can't quite figure out what i should buy or how i should make it so that the edges are almost sealed that even the very small fry cannot squeeze through?

or should i just keep my fry in DIY breeder buckets (ice cream container) floating in the tank? can i keep them there until 2cm?

i have practically nothing left lying around the house i can use. so my only option is to go buy something, but can't quite figure out what i should buy or how i should make it so that the edges are almost sealed that even the very small fry cannot squeeze through?

or should i just keep my fry in DIY breeder buckets (ice cream container) floating in the tank? can i keep them there until 2cm?

Depending on how big your fry is. I use it for grow outs and main dividers for fish. I get some plastic mesh material around 3 mil thick that have holes in it. If the holes are to big as they were for me I put fly mesh against it and use some 1 inch poly pipe with a line cut out to slide the mesh divider in between. That way water flows easily and divider works a treat.

I keep fry in my DIY breeder buckets till around that size then into a big enough tank for them.

hi

i use perspex in my tank

and then i drill 2mm holes in it

around the middle of it about

4inchs round then i get a filter that

gos in the tank with a bar so

u get water from 1 side and put it

in the other side

that works for me

yanke

what filtration are you using ?

if its sponges then flow between chambers isn't