Holding to long?

mathobes

Hey all,

an electric blue hap is holding for her first time. She has been holding for 24 days now. My other female has never held for longer than 20 days. There are definatly fry in her mouth. Should I consider stripping or is she just a good mother so I let nature take it's course? I am surprised she lasted this long being her first brood. Thanks

p.s. Go the bombers!!!!

NOTE: go the PIES!!!!!

my best guess relating to the time period is related to how safe the parent feels to release the fry within the tank.

I isolate my breeding pair of geos while they are tumbling and only takes around 5-8 days from fertilising.

times clearly differ in species but with no preditors around they feel safe

NOTE: go the PIES!!!!!

my best guess relating to the time period is related to how safe the parent feels to release the fry within the tank.

I isolate my breeding pair of geos while they are tumbling and only takes around 5-8 days from fertilising.

times clearly differ in species but with no preditors around they feel safe

I've had her in a breeder for the past week in the hopes she will feel safer, all of my other fry tanks are on use so I might strip her if she reaches 28 days. It's het first brood so I don't wanna mess with her to much. Being in the breeder she can see other cichlids so that might be the problem. Cheers mate and yep the pies have got it.

Mathobes

if your dates are correct .............

the fry should at the last stage of the egg sac

and I would strip her if she was my fish as they

will be free swimming and she needs to be conditioned

before being harrassed by the male to breed again

Chris

Mathobes

if your dates are correct .............

the fry should at the last stage of the egg sac

and I would strip her if she was my fish as they

will be free swimming and she needs to be conditioned

before being harrassed by the male to breed again

Chris

about half an hour before your post she spat them. Over 25 fry for her first brood. Pretty happy with that :thumbup:

Archived