Time to build a new fish room!

Josh

It seems the bug has bitten (again), I am considering building another fish room.

I am lucky to still have my previous room still standing in the back of my shed. Fully insulated and pumbed for air ready. The room will need to be cleaned and repainted. I will also be adding some ventilation to help reduced the amount of mould build up.

Tanks at this stage will be all 48x18x18's, 6 to begin with, and maybe a rack of 2x18x18 for fry grow out and for a few shellies i want to keep. All filters will be side drop and/or sponge filter.

Racks will be 40x40mm rhs powercoated to protect them.

For those who never seen my old set up there are links to my photos in my Signature.

This time I am going all out. I am hoping to drill each tank with drain hole connected to solenoids so I can drain tanks at the flick of a switch. Water will be stored in a 1000l IPC with return pump plumber into each tank for refills. Water changes will be easy enough to do this way.

Each tank will have its own LED lighting, I have a brother-in-law in the industry which can get it pretty cheap for me and he will wire the whole sytem too.

More updates to come!

It seems the bug has bitten (again), I am considering building another fish room.

I am lucky to still have my previous room still standing in the back of my shed. Fully insulated and pumbed for air ready. The room will need to be cleaned and repainted. I will also be adding some ventilation to help reduced the amount of mould build up.

Tanks at this stage will be all 48x18x18's, 6 to begin with, and maybe a rack of 2x18x18 for fry grow out and for a few shellies i want to keep. All filters will be side drop and/or sponge filter.

Racks will be 40x40mm rhs powercoated to protect them.

For those who never seen my old set up there are links to my photos in my Signature.

This time I am going all out. I am hoping to drill each tank with drain hole connected to solenoids so I can drain tanks at the flick of a switch. Water will be stored in a 1000l IPC with return pump plumber into each tank for refills. Water changes will be easy enough to do this way.

Each tank will have its own LED lighting, I have a brother-in-law in the industry which can get it pretty cheap for me and he will wire the whole sytem too.

More updates to come!

Ahhh the dreaded MTS hey Josh?

Good luck with the new room and I am looking forward to seeing the progress :thumb

CHEERS

• 3 weeks later...

the tanks for my first rack arrived this morning. Very happy with them. Now time to build the rack!

36x18x18's

IPB Image

36x18x18's and 18 inch cubes

IPB Image

There are no dividers. The smaller tanks are all cubes

Three walls are Polystyrene foam and I have one wall and the ceiling is pink bats.

just wondering why you didnt go with batts for the walls too? any reason to go with foam.. unles its different special foam that is more cold resistant?

thinking of insulating half the garage + dividing wall also. as a small fish room

Where did you decide to get the tanks from?

Did you get tanks with sliding lids?

I see its already expanding there was no mention of 3x18x18 in the first post lol The wonderful MTS

john

Intern. the tanks are basic tanks, no sliding lids this time.

Rosco, i am going for sponge filter only on this rack. the next rack will be on a sump. This will be my fry raising and shellie rack when all the tanks arrive(some time in the future).

I sold all the old stuff a few years ago, because I thought I was going to QLD for work. It was going to be easy to buy it all again instead of moving tanks. The job never panned out, so i am starting again

• 1 month later...

Archived