Fish that require a "PG rating" :D

mermaid

I was thinking about Troy's (panga smile.gif ) lionheads earlier, and how well they cared for their fry. I was wondering which other cichlids do this? I've heard there are some fry eaters out there, so I was wondering if anyone knew the names of some good parental fish??

Nothing like watching fish raise their babies biggrin.gif

I dont think there is much that can beat the paternal instincts/behaviour of the common convict. They are awesome parents to watch, and dont harm their own at all.

Most substrate laying cichlids, including your kribs, will do this (unless the instinct has been bred out of them or cirumstances do not allow them to). My kribs, ocellatus and thomasi have all been good parents.

teamsherman - Well I own one convict, but Im not keen on purchasing a mate as I don't want a mini-war in my tank laugh.gif

fiona - Yeah my kribs were good parents (little buggers are trying for more fry!). Ocellatus are soooo cute! I'd love to get a small colony but I dont think they'd mix well with the Saulosi, and I cant be bothered having sand substrate in the tank tongue.gif

Archived