Great Jag pics

Guest Gutty

Hi Guys -

Nice pics!

I can't compete - however my fish was 14" at the time of photography.

Keep in mind my pic is a number of years old (taken with a 1 megapixel camera at the time!).

user posted image

Enjoy!

thanks for the link gutty, appreciate it.

but 15cm is too big. i want a small one so i watch it grow.

i'll do some research first before i plan to get one. apparently they grow like oscars!!!

will they be compatible with oscars? if they are the same size.

Guest Gutty

thanks for the link gutty, appreciate it.

but 15cm is too big. i want a small one so i watch it grow.

i'll do some research first before i plan to get one. apparently they grow like oscars!!!

will they be compatible with oscars? if they are the same size.

Never owned an Oscar but i can tell you these Jags grow pretty damn fast.......like 10-20mm per month while they are little.

As for compatibility, from the research i've done they aren't "really" compatible with anything when they get big. But in a big enough tank there are people keeping them with other big Americans.

Mine are curreently sharing their tank with 2 GTs, the Jags are by far the dominent fish but they don't give the GTs too much of a hard time. Though my male is only about 12-13cm at the moment..........

Nice look'n fella Yew !!

Guest Gutty

Thats a bugger PGR.........and also a concern of mine while keeping them with the GTs.

When i got the Jags the big Jag and big GT lip locked for about 3 days straight......The Jag came out the dominent fish but did almost zero damage to the GT in the process.

A few months on and the Jags don't seem to mind the Gts, though if they get in the way at feeding time they are quickly shown who's boss.

My male Jag is only about 13cm though...........who knows what's install for the future.

It might be time for the GTs to find a new home........ ohmy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived