Most species bred in a tank?

Nooks

Hi Everyone,

just wondering what is the most species bred in a single tank? I've currently got four species breeding:

Labidochromis caeruleus (Electric Yellows)

Aulonocara stuartgranti "Maleri Island"

Neolamprologus pulcher (Daffodil brichardi)

Steatocranus casuarius (Lionheads)

I'm still waiting for my electric blues to grow up and get into the action to get to 100% breeding action. I'm not counting the single bristlenose or the two clown loaches as it is impossible for them to breed in my 6 footer.

Cheers,

Nick.

I tried for N.Brichardi, P.Lombardoi & e-blues but the only fish that were breeding were the Lombardoi.

Anthony cool.gif

I currently have the following breeding in my display tank.

Labidochromis caeruleus - first mouth full

Sciaenochromis fryeri - First mouth full

Protomelas taeniolatus - 4th or 5th mouth full

Labidochromis Sp. Hongi - 2nd mouth full

Pseudotropheus saulosi - Lost count they breed so much they give rabbits a bad name.

And these ones are not breeding yet

Metriaclima callainos

Synodontis njassae

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful with keeping L. caeruleus and S. fryeri in the same tank. I have recently witnessed some fry that are a result of electric yellow and electric blue cross breeding....so it is possible....

......electric greens laugh.gifrolleyes.gif

merjo

in a 5 foot tank i had 2 pairs of green severums breeding, a pair of convicts(oops dont worry dont havem any more for all the south ozzies out there) and a pair of blue acaras all had fry at once and suprisingly were all so peaceful towards each other , mind you none of these fish were over 10cm long. But i no longer have these fish due to moving house and having to sell my other tank mad.gif . Cheerz Benno

Archived