Amazing - a 2 headed fish

Fins

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw it.

I just couldn't post until now because I'd been rolling on the floor laughing so hard. rolleyes.gif

You should take your comedy show on the road.

Seriously, take it on the road that goes as far away as possible laugh.gif

hay i would be more interested in seeing your adult firefins ..please post pics

I am yet to be convinced they exist ?

wink.gif

hay i would be more interested in seeing your adult firefins ..please post pics

I am yet to be convinced they exist ?

wink.gif

Having seen a number of wildcaught firefins, shipped to Canada, I can vouch for their authenticity.

Hay FOGELHUND

got pics of these so called firefins ???location in lake and exporter name would be good unsure.gif

Thanks lungy ..not a very clear pics ..don't want to sound rude ..but the only so called fire fins i have come in contact with have been colour feed individuals.

I have seen adults with so called fire fin fry and yet the adults show none of the intense red that they should sadsmiley02.gif

I would love to see a pic of these adults so to compare them ....as they are breeding they should be in full colour ...

Be good guys and thanks for the info

Cheers

Would u buy a blue protomelas huh.gif

or a red frontosa wink.gif

blue Aulonocara unsure.gif

maybe i would even buy a spotted dimidiochromis

well maybe i would buy a fire Fin !!!

NOT ME!!!!

See its like realestate location location location

mmmm Gutty can u please let me know what location the flowerhorns are from

hahahahah u do what u like ...

In the mean time i will ask the questions some are afraid to ask because they are blinded by $$$$$$$

I don't care about the $$$ for me its all about learning and keeping what fish we have pure and enjoying the hobbie ....

only 1 way to learn and thats to ask questions and research.

Anyway i do hope they are the real deal but u have to be sure ...just asking the question surely its not that hard ? tongue.gif considering the fact fry have been produced and pics were taken ...couple of adult pics should be just as easy to take

Have fun be good.

Hi all,

Here's an update.

*** Feeding:

I have been feeding them live bbs (baby brine shrimp) and microworms 4-5x per day. During the last few days of feeding, the main head does most, if not all of the eating. I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with this. I appears it is not due to lack of trying because whenever a bbs gets close to the side head, it seems to want to gulp it down.

The problem is that the main head has most if not total control over the body,

therefore the side head cannot lunge at the food, it can only gulp as hard as it can.

(Mental note: I must name them. But more on that later smile.gif )

However, last night I saw it. A bbs came so close to the side head that it could gulp it down.

It ate the shrimp! Out of 5 days of feeding, It could only manage to eat 1 bbs sad.gif

Growth rate is a problem. Even at this age they are only half the size of the rest of the brood.

They seem to eat just as much as the rest. Maybe they use up more energy.

I have noticed that they pretty much just sit on the bottom of the tank,

hardly ever moving, more so than the others.

*** With regards to the "firefin" issue.

This thread is not about whether or not "firefins" exist.

This is about an amazing occurance by nature. Please don't hijack this thread with irrelevant posts for your own personal agenda .

Btw, if you read my first post, locality is Kigoma. "Firefin" is just a trade name. If you don't believe me, then that's your choice. I don't want to prove anything to anybody. In hindsight, I probably should have just dropped the tradename. If you want to discuss whether or not "firefins" exists, then please create a new thread. As far as I'm concerned, this issue is dead.

*** On a more personal note.

Just to let you know, you people are the 1st to see them (outside of family).

I was a bit hesitant to post the pics up on the forum. Mainly because I was not sure of the reaction I would get.

But I'm glad I did, because not only have I seen positive interest in them, I'm getting a lot of encouragement.

It's even sparked an interest in my 5 year old daughter. It melts my heart to see her show and tell all her friends about them and how the egg didn't split properly etc... She even told her school headmaster about it!

I must admit, I'm getting a bit emotionally attached to them, they just gaze at me with those 4 beady eyes saying feed me, feed me. (pauses to blow nose and wipes tears off face)

Should I name them? If so, then I think someone on this board can have the honors of choosing names.

Maybe we can have a vote on what to call them. I was thinking maybe anyone can post up some names and we can all vote.

What does everyone think?

fins

Hi fins,

Might not be such a great idea to name the guys in case they die....a name would probably make it harder for you daughter to accept if the worse did happen (kids/people becoming more emotionally attached to animals with names sadsmiley02.gif ). Just a thought.

merjo

Guest Gutty

mmmm Gutty can u please let me know what location the flowerhorns are from

hahahahah u do what u like ...

But we also don't get wild caught flowerhorns do we ?!?! Makes your point kinda stupid IMO.

Just because something doesn't have a location doesn't make it a hybrid.......check the dictionary if you like.... laugh.giftongue.gif

To me wild caught is wild caught.......i don't know how much simpler it could be......

As i said previous, Airfish has them listed as wild caught(and they show a pic), email them and ask for a location if you're so sure they don't exist.

Bye bye

Matt smile.gif

Appologies Fins, i only just read your post.... blush.gif

If you are going to name them/it i vote for DR Jeckle and Mr Hyde........

What about calling the little guy:

Glasses (four eyes.......get it) pretty bad wacko.gif sorry

Blinky II in honour of the 3 eyed mutant fish Bart caught in an ancient Simpsons

Good luck to the little guy. It's not a mutant or a freak, it's a naturally occuring variation that gives it an advantage over other fish (2 heads are better than 1). It is in fact SUPERFISH

zipit.gif

Guest Makka

Hi there guys . i think it's great and hope it does well !

Personally i think you should call him/her LUNGY2 as it is obviously twice as smart as anyone else , also Lungy has a passion for strugglers wink.gif .thanks

Makka.

biggrin.gif hahahaha

going off like a frog in a sock!!!!!!!!!!!

Gutty well done mate good to know u are on the ball ..flowerhorns don't have a location !!!! tongue.gif ... man u are smart ROFL

I will just say this and no more !!! WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE PARENTS!!!!

Man i love it (To me wild caught is wild caught.......i don't know how much simpler it could be......)

YEAH PROVE IT ..................hahahahah man i could just start a new threed on that statement alone and write a book on the subject.

better not ask what an F1 is ..shhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont start me LOL

Ok got it off my chest

IMO you should kill that poor thing with 2 heads why make its life a hell ..just for your amusement !!!!!

Its like the old days when people made money from the hairy lady and the elephant man show ....

Do the right thing feed it off or put him to sleep in a bag in the fridge

..I will not reply to any of the above ...

PEACE ...BE GOOD

And i hope all your other fish do well

If you really would like to chat further send me an email and would be happy to respond

Man all i wanted was a pic of the parents wub.gifwub.gif

Fins, i think you should donate the fish to sydney aquarium so they can look after it and see if it is going to make it in life.

you might even get your mug on the telly..LOL

But yeah, seriously i think it would be cool to have the aquarium look after it, cause i dont think it would having any dramas if it has live this long and it would be good for all the public to check it out first hand.

Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers, Alan. cool.gif

Guest Gutty

biggrin.gif hahahaha

going off like a frog in a sock!!!!!!!!!!!

Gutty well done mate good to know u are on the ball ..flowerhorns don't have a location !!!! tongue.gif ... man u are smart ROFL

I will just say this and no more !!! WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE PARENTS!!!!

Man i love it (To me wild caught is wild caught.......i don't know how much simpler it could be......)

YEAH PROVE IT ..................hahahahah man i could just start a new threed on that statement alone and write a book on the subject.

better not ask what an F1 is ..shhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont start me LOL

Ok got it off my chest

IMO you should kill that poor thing with 2 heads why make its life a hell ..just for your amusement !!!!!

Its like the old days when people made money from the hairy lady and the elephant man show ....

Do the right thing feed it off or put him to sleep in a bag in the fridge

..I will not reply to any of the above ...

PEACE ...BE GOOD

And i hope all your other fish do well

If you really would like to chat further send me an email and would be happy to respond

Man all i wanted was a pic of the parents wub.gif  wub.gif

Will somebody please shoot this dribbling dog....??

Ok i admit it mrseby, you are king......I and everyone else are idiots. Kigoma doesn't exist and Fire fins are made out of plastic.

I hope atleast my stupidity amused you as i'd hate to think i waisted the time of someone so special.............

Have a nice day

Matt

Oh BTW, Don't suppose you emailed the importer yet ?? whistling.gif

wub.gifwub.gif

what ever ..keep breeding those fin fish of yours ohmy.gif

hahahahahah

Still no pics ...????

I have stated the facts

Oh put a sock in it MrSeby...I think the rest of the members on this forum have had enough of your sooking for those fire fin pictures. If he wants to post them he will. If he doesnt then let him be!

Now be gone.

Richard

Archived