Help :(

hoges

I've been away for a couple of days and I left a couple of my tanks on auto feeders.

when I came home and checked them all, they were all fine except for one tank where my female gold severum had beaten my much larger male festivum almost to death. I don't understand it, before I went away they were happy living together, I don't know whats changed.

anyways I've seperated them and now my festivum is in a tank almost on his own (bar some juvy brissies and a couple of juvy clown loaches). Is the best medicine just some melafix?? Most of his fins are missing and he's got some scale damage too. Things weren't looking good last night, but since the seperation my festivum seems to have picked up a little.

Any advice/help would be much appreiciated.

cheers

Hi hoges,

Melafix and a little rock salt is a good mix....but I remember reading somewhere on this forum that b/n don't react very welll to melafix. I personally haven't experienced this, however my S. multipunctatus did have an adverse reaction to it.

merjo

i've used melafix with brissies before and had no probs, so i will continue using it for the time being, but will add some rock salt!!!

thanks for your help

Archived