stuck fish

pride

Hi,

One of my loaches has managed to squeeze himself into a crevice in some lava rock and seems not to be able to get out. I know loaches love tight little hidey holes but I had my hand in the tank trying to catch a female saulosi with a mouthfull and he must of just forced himself in the hole. Just his tail is visible and flicking rather frantic as if trying to back out? I tried to pick up the rock and partially submerge it for a second hoping he would come out but no go. He's been there for about 6hours now so do you think I should try gently pulling it out or leave him there some more to see if he can do it on his own cry2.gif

G'day Pride, I'd leave him for a day or two. Knowing the way loaches eat I'd be guessing he'd be fat wink.gif Fasting for a day or two should see him a little smaller which hopefully will allow him to reverse out. If not try pulling his tail gently blink.gif

biggrin.gif sorry.....

Later that night I picked up the whole rock it was stuck in and sort or gently bobbed it in and out of the water and he just fell out. Seems okay except for 2 little nicks on his head which I'll keep an eye on.

cheers

Adam

Archived