Tank tour

Guest Panga

Guest Panga

Thx CaMERON. biggrin.gif

CalvusToTheRescue - They have been taken the fry on tank tours for the last 3 days. The last 3 days they have stayed on the gravel but today for some reason when i went in for a look they were like that swiming up the glass ohmy.gif

These guyz are in a 4 footer and sharing the tank with a colony of 9 electric blues. The parents are defending and protecting there fry so well. eek.gif considering they are only 5-6cm and the electric blues are up to 13-14cm.

Richard - Thx Im doing a experiment this time round to see how well the parents look after there fry. Things seem to be going fine so far biggrin.gif

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Guest Panga

Thx Andy biggrin.gif

yeah they are so cute. I reckon is so cool how they look after them and take them on tours etc.

Very good parents.

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Guest Panga

Hi Ben,

Thanx buddy biggrin.gif

Its always great catching up with you. Congrats on the mouthful mate and hope you get many fry. I'll be your first customer to line up for some tongue.gif

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Guest Panga

Update.

The fry are still in the tank with the parents and the colony of electric blue. From what i can see there is still the same amount of fry there, so looks as though the parents are doing a wonderful job looking after the fry.

The electric blues females seem to have been chased all the way up the other end of the tank and thats where they seem to be staying. The male electric blue hasnt been game to leave his home in a pipe, as the male lionhead gets right onto him when he does.

They seem to bring the fry out during the day to get food and touring the tank etc, but as the rooms darkens as the night falls the female takes them all back to the saftey of the cave. wub.gif

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

congrats on your fry, panga!

just wondering about that green thing in the bottom right of the picture, is that one of those incense burner thingys? did your lions use that to spawn?

could u pls get a better pic of it? thanks!!!

Guest Panga

novafishy,

Thx mate. I did a post earlier when i found the fry. You can find it Here.

Here is the pic from that thread.

user posted image

They actually spawned under the piece of slate first time they spawned. This time they spawned in the terracotta cave. Yes thats a oil burner. Ive used them for years. Nice cheap caves you can buy for $1 at Clints and other bargain shops. tongue.gif

Cheers Troy biggrin.gif

Archived