Aulonocara hueseri

Serial-Cichlid

Hi everyone

I have a lonely male Aulonocara hueseri and I've been trying to find a few more to start a colony for quite sometime now. I have a guy who is selling some to me but his look a little different to mine. Before I take the dive and buy them off him can I get a few opinions please?

My A.hueseri - well at least I think it is

The seller's hueseri pic1

The seller's hueseri pic2

Do you think they are all A.hueseri's? Are there different variants for A.hueseri?

I know I could be shooting myself in the foot here with getting peacocks but I seem to like these ones in particular.

Help is appreciated preferably if you've had experince with them.

Regards

Paul

According to the pictures on my Ad Konings CD, neither look like a Hueseri.

Here are some other pictures I found on the web:

Picture one

Picture two

Yours looks a little like the second pic, so it may be a Hueseri.

I doubt the sellers fish is a Hueseri though - unless there is a different variant I am overlooking. Either way you shouldn't mix the bloodlines if they are different variants.

Hope this helped

JS

TOU 2. Respect the fact that people pay for bandwidth - do not post any image on the forums without the permission of the owner. It is illegal to steal bandwidth. This also applies to personal avatars and signatures.

Thanks J.S

The dorsal, pelvic and anal fins of my fish resemble various pics I've seen in books and on the net of an A.hueseri however the body colour/pattern is very different unless it still hasn't fully coloured yet. The face and top half of the body should be blue and the lower half yellow.

I checked out Malawi Mayhem profiles as well and they state that the A. hueseri is endemic to Likoma Island.

At the moment it could be one of the following:

1. It is still possibly a A.hueseri that hasn't coloured up fully (It's about 9-10cm at the moment)

2. It's a completely different fish which I'm yet to identify

3. It is a hybrid

Either way, until I can identify him he will have to remain a display fish. I will let the seller know that I'm unable to make the purchase based on these reason listed above.

Regards

Paul

Guest Gutty

Sadly i'd have to agree Paul. They really don't look like the same fish.

The Red shoulder peacocks(Aulonocara hansbaenschi) he had were pretty nice if you're prepared to give up on the hueseri and still want a peacock colony..........

That's ok mate. I had my heart set on the hueseri colony but now I'm not even sure on the one I've got.

Thanks for all your help in getting the pictures taken for me. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Archived